• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

well the CP in eastern MA did get significant snow sans right on the water like Logan airport (even they still got 9")...but once west of there, 500 feet seemed to be the magic line where the snow really ramped up quickly. Waterbury area did pretty well while just east of them lower in the valley they got screwed.

That was a very good winter for most of SNE...but it was a blockbuster for BOS/ORH northward. Pretty tight gradient. BOS had 83.9" and PVD had 39.7"....not sure we'll see that again any time soon. BDL was above average with 62.1".

PVD's. Number seems low to me.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're not going to snow. Might as well torch. That's just how I see it. What's good about highs in the 20s? Record cold, that's a different story. The block is rearing its ugly head again in 2010-2011.

Ok, I'm ready for the "But we need to establish the cold before we snow comments..."

I just think it sucks that we've gone from talking about a serious threat to talking about previous snow events lol. Its almost like we moved back into early november again.

I'm patient though. I didn't expect much from this time period anyways. I just don't want to see a block right over our heads again like last year.

Did you read what I wrote about the block? Do you understand?

well the CP in eastern MA did get significant snow sans right on the water like Logan airport (even they still got 9")...but once west of there, 500 feet seemed to be the magic line where the snow really ramped up quickly. Waterbury area did pretty well while just east of them lower in the valley they got screwed.

That was a very good winter for most of SNE...but it was a blockbuster for BOS/ORH northward. Pretty tight gradient. BOS had 83.9" and PVD had 39.7"....not sure we'll see that again any time soon. BDL was above average with 62.1".

100" er here.

How was Dec of 1990 and Dec of 1991? I seem to remember one of those being ugly warm... Some days near 70F

This was when I was living and drinking too much by the banks of the Merrimack in Lowell

Dec '90 was awful. Dec '91 actually wasn't that bad...not a torch and some ok snow in the interior. The rest of that winter sucked really bad though.

If we're not going to snow. Might as well torch. That's just how I see it. What's good about highs in the 20s? Record cold, that's a different story. The block is rearing its ugly head again in 2010-2011.

Ok, I'm ready for the "But we need to establish the cold before we snow comments..."

I just think it sucks that we've gone from talking about a serious threat to talking about previous snow events lol. Its almost like we moved back into early november again.

I'm patient though. I didn't expect much from this time period anyways. I just don't want to see a block right over our heads again like last year.

Some of us do enjoy ice skating and setting out a few tip-ups as an excuse to drink bourbon and black tea while hoping to maybe catch an occasional perch or bass.

:)

Sounds like a way better version of 2007-2008.

Dec '90 was awful. Dec '91 actually wasn't that bad...not a torch and some ok snow in the interior. The rest of that winter sucked really bad though.

November '92 was amazing, because that's when I met Christine, and we made love a week after the December storm of lore, only to have her rip my heart out 3 weeks before the Superstorm - unbelievable winter that was

Oh My.

92 was my intro to the Internet through college on my second tour of duty in school, that's when I found out there were many sickos like me when it comes to weather. Anyone remember the American Association of Weather Observers, you kept a daily weather log, mailed it to them then they sent a monthly newsletter with all the data in it.

Joe, love the fire pit too, we have a big one out back for pallets and a deck one, nothing better than a fire pit in a raging snowstorm.

No doubt ginxy! In the backyard when it snows i shovel all the snow into one place off the back deck and make a ramp for the kids to sled and board down, douce it with water when the weather permits and they love it..............almost as much as I do. Pretty much every weekend the fire pit is raging, last new years eve was special with a couple inches the night before, and then a couple that night, no wind 32 and perfect dendrites cascading down from the heavens in the floodlight. Really does not get better than outside winter nights!

No school for Foster/Gloucester...

Black tea and bourbon?? Hmmmmmm

Model talk pretty much done for now? Is there a radio show tonight?

Well the 6-9pm period is the dead zone for models...nothing comes out in that time frame...except the SREFs at 8:40.

No radio show tonight...not enough of a threat. Even the Mid-Atlantic clipper threat looks a lot uglier now.

No doubt ginxy! In the backyard when it snows i shovel all the snow into one place off the back deck and make a ramp for the kids to sled and board down, douce it with water when the weather permits and they love it..............almost as much as I do. Pretty much every weekend the fire pit is raging, last new years eve was special with a couple inches the night before, and then a couple that night, no wind 32 and perfect dendrites cascading down from the heavens in the floodlight. Really does not get better than outside winter nights!

Last year after the Dec biggie we had 6 of the Grandkids overnight, we had a big fire while they made a toboggan run in our woods, think the Wife had more fun than them.

Archived