• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

It actually moistens in the mid levels...it's the lower levels that are the issue. Hopefully some festivus flakes in the air..but it could very well be just virga.

:lol::axe:

yeah virga might be (already has been) the result. there's a pretty tight spin to that feature and the best vort. adv. does pass right up over E MA and that's pretty much the driving force here. so maybe it spits something out. better than nothing. LOL.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dublin

03 December 2010- updated at 06:00 Today

Heavy snowfall today with significant accumulation. Temperatures reaching no more than -1 to +3 degrees. Winds will be mainly light to moderate southwesterly.

Tonight

Wintry showers moving eastwards across the region later with yet more snow accumulations. A sharp to severe frost and icy conditions will persist on untreated roads and pavements. Freezing fog in parts too, with just light variable breezes. Lowest temperatures will range 0 to -6 degrees.

Tomorrow

Further wintry showers expected on and off during Saturday, possibly falling heavy at times too. Bitterly cold, with afternoon maxima of just 1 to 3 degrees generally. Winds will be mainly light northerly.

http://www.nci.ie/ispy/cam4/camera4.jpg

Dublin

03 December 2010- updated at 06:00 Today

Heavy snowfall today with significant accumulation. Temperatures reaching no more than -1 to +3 degrees. Winds will be mainly light to moderate southwesterly

Tonight

Wintry showers moving eastwards across the region later with yet more snow accumulations. A sharp to severe frost and icy conditions will persist on untreated roads and pavements. Freezing fog in parts too, with just light variable breezes. Lowest temperatures will range 0 to -6 degrees.

Tomorrow

Further wintry showers expected on and off during Saturday, possibly falling heavy at times too. Bitterly cold, with afternoon maxima of just 1 to 3 degrees generally. Winds will be mainly light northerly.

http://www.nci.ie/ispy/cam4/camera4.jpg

wrong sub forum go here, lots of heavy heavy long night talk with this

http://www.bushmills.com/Gateway/

Me too! Already been twice, probably will go 2 or 3 times next week if not too busy with family/work stuff.

Of course it is just at Wachusett, but fun nonetheless. Is MRG opening soon?

Wachusett is a good mountain to get some early season skiing in to get your form in check. It's proximity is great for us. I might hit Wachusett on Sunday how's the coverage? They're saying 4 trails with a 16" depth but you know how ski areas tend to exaggerate especially early in the season.

Me too! Already been twice, probably will go 2 or 3 times next week if not too busy with family/work stuff.

Of course it is just at Wachusett, but fun nonetheless. Is MRG opening soon?

Berkshire East is not open yet. (Lurker -do you have any idea when?)

I refuse to go north to VT until the first real dumping. Hopefully they get some good snow this weekend.

So I wait... :whistle:

Wachusett is a good mountain to get some early season skiing in to get your form in check. It's proximity is great for us. I might hit Wachusett on Sunday how's the coverage? They're saying 4 trails with a 16" depth but you know how ski areas tend to exaggerate especially early in the season.

It was actually not bad coverage-wise early this week. Conifer counts as 2 trails (really just one) and Indian Summer were completely covered, no bare spots before the rain Weds. They were blowing epic amounts of snow last night and even this morning while I was driving on Rte 2 I could see snow in the air there. This weekend looks great for nighttime snowmaking.

The big problem is how many people can really fit on 2 or 3 trails. Hopefully they will start covering more soon. We need the space!

I will be there tonight for a fundraiser concert. No skis for me... :thumbsdown:

I'm pleased that the mountains in VT are going to get dumped on

It starts this weekend...

Tonight: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 19. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%

It starts this weekend...

Tonight: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 19. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%

Yeah Stowe should get a foot out of this... even Killington probably gets a 4-8 kinda deal

Well GFS at least acknowledges the possibilty of a few lonely snowflakes. I'm fine with that for now. Having awakened alive and well, taken my daily dump or 2, wx can now reclaim it's place on the mid to rear burners.

Depends on which model i want to hug here to what i may see for snow, GFS gives me .50" total and Nam is .25" at best.......... :unsure:

Archived