Newest Member
    mowsee447
March

DaculaWeather

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you :hug:

:angry: :angry: My car is now covered :( It looks like I will have to add washing the car to my list today along with the pup :lol:

I give up on washing any vehicles this time of year because the next day it's going to be covered again. Might as well enjoy your car/truck being green for a while.

The pattern coming up, starting this weekend still looks like a change. Even though the Thur/Friday front will be mostly dry in the Southeast, except the Apps (and northeast snowstorm), after that all models show the eastern Canada vortex and ridge combo will force the flow further south. This should allow the next 2, maybe 3 systems to take the low road, each of which could be decent rain makers for the Southeast , esp. areas of the upper south/Tenn Valley/Carolinas, closer to the strong baroclinic boundary. The very northern shield of the systems could be snow, but thats toward Ohio Valley/Mason-Dixon line areas, even though later on the GFS and ECMWF have extremely cold rains with a damming config. twice in wNC/VA area, which in Winter would have been snow or ice. I think some would be happy if the Euro totals come to pass, but the GFS rain amounts are good too, on all combined systems through the next 10 days. Allergies and the pollen are now officially a pain here, and I can't wait for the next good rain.

Robert that blue line is knocking on my door. lol

JB thinks the carolinas will be in for a soaker too !

That system coming into the west is one that I think really has a chance to be a newsmaking storm from coast to coast with a storm that moves from California to the Carolinas with a threat of phasing over the Ohio valley and the east with the northern branch. Such a storm would have snow further south than the current system will, and could really

become a blockbuster near the east coast with heavy snows abnormally far south.

gfs_pcp_180s.gif

I'm afraid that ol blue line won't cut it this time of year, where you are.:lol: But some good ol' damming rains are in order.

One thing I want to watch is how strong that s/w impulse becomes. I think its becoming obvious we will be locked in a good west based -NAO pattern, and depending on the amplification of that southern stream s/w impulse, we might be in for a surprise in the mountains, or at least have some nice NWFS on the backside.

Either way its a very impressive CAD event for late March/April

lcn05.gif

A few members have a deeper southern stream s/w which could make things a lot more interesting for the WNC mountains arrowheadsmiley.png This time of year though, boundary layer issues are a major problem during the day, so unless we have heavy precipitation rates, getting accumulating snowfall will be a challenge. Just for fun (likely will not occur) here is just what one gfs ensemble member is showing.

250pdmu.gif

I give up on washing any vehicles this time of year because the next day it's going to be covered again. Might as well enjoy your car/truck being green for a while.

:lol: I sprayed it off, answered a phone call, went back outside and it was yellow/green again :angry::lol: Hopefully it's not like last year when we could measure the pollen :arrowhead: It was 3 degrees shy of 90 today here in the midlands :axe: ....looking forward to the weekend and much cooler temps.

:lol: I sprayed it off, answered a phone call, went back outside and it was yellow/green again :angry::lol: Hopefully it's not like last year when we could measure the pollen :arrowhead: It was 3 degrees shy of 90 today here in the midlands :axe: ....looking forward to the weekend and much cooler temps.

I hose off the windshield but as for the rest screw it I will wash the vehicles good after April lol. The temp on my truck read 88 in the Food Lion parking lot when I got there at 3 pm but PGV offically only hit 84.

Meh winters over, azaelas and dogwoods blooming everywhere around here, all the trees are leafing out and the bradford pears are already fully leafed out. I am ready for storms and canes and fishing on the Pamlico. I dread the inevitable late season noreaster type storm that keeps us in the mid 40's with drizzle for 2-3 days sometime in april or early may it always seems to happen.

pollen here is awful - i hope it rains to wash some away, at least temporarily. been checking radar most of the afternoon and have been disappointed to see it so empty. i had about given up but notice the last couple of frames seems to show a little development in n ga. nothing impressive as of yet, though

LOL nicely done but the wind there is only 6mph. It has been gusting 20-30 here most of the day.

Winds have been gusty here this evening now. Now we truly have blowing pollen! :D

pollen here is awful - i hope it rains to wash some away, at least temporarily. been checking radar most of the afternoon and have been disappointed to see it so empty. i had about given up but notice the last couple of frames seems to show a little development in n ga. nothing impressive as of yet, though

Most definitely. I feel absolutely terrible, despite taking Claritin this morning. I need to get some Sudafed, I think.

Anyways, big differences between the models for tonight's rain event:

GFS_3_2011032318_F12_PCPIN_12_HR.png

NAM_221_2011032318_F12_PCPIN_12_HR.png

RUC_255_2011032321_F10_PCPIN_9_HR.png

18z GFS shows >.50" of rain in the NW Piedmont while the 21z RUC shows trace amounts of rainfall. Big differences considering this is just hours away.

Watch is up just to my north but this doesn't look very chaseable.

Yep, just saw that.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 59

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

605 PM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 59 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 100 AM EDT

FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NCC001-015-037-057-063-065-067-069-073-077-081-083-091-127-131-

135-145-151-181-183-185-195-240500-

/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0059.110323T2205Z-110324T0500Z/

NC

. NORTH CAROLINA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALAMANCE BERTIE CHATHAM