Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March

DaculaWeather

It looks like a good weekend to head up to Snowshoe. Snowman.gif

Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 20. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 26. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The below is from RAH last night.

TEMPS ARE EXPECTED TO FALL INTO THE MID AND UPPER 30S

OVERNIGHT....WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF NEAR FREEZING SURFACE TEMPS

NEAR THE NC/VA BORDER AS 1000-850MB THICKNESSES FALL TO NEAR 1300M

(OR BELOW PER 00Z NAM). NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO FORECAST ANY

FREEZING RAIN AS THE PRECIP ITSELF SHOULD LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF

COOLING WITH LITTLE COLD ADVECTION FROM THE NORTH EXPECTED UNTIL

LATER SUNDAY. SREF SOUNDINGS ALSO SHOW QUITE A BIT OF SPREAD IN

NEAR SURFACE TEMPS..WHICH FURTHER LOWERS FORECAST CONFIDENCE. WILL

KEEP ALL PRECIP LIQUID AT THIS TIME...THOUGH A SHORT-FUSE WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY COULD BE POSSIBLE FOR LATER TONIGHT OR EARLY

SUNDAY. THE PASSING OF THE SURFACE JUST TO THE SOUTH WILL SQUEEZE

THE PRESSURE GRADIENT OVER NC WITH NELY WINDS OF 10-15 MPH

POSSIBLE...PUSHING WIND CHILL VALUES AROUND OR JUST BELOW FREEZING

ACROSS THE NORTH. LOWS 34-41.

SUNDAY...

THE COMBINATION OF DRIER AIR ALOFT MOVING ACROSS THE AREA FROM THE

WEST AND THE SURFACE LOW EXITING THE COAST WILL BRING MORE

APPRECIABLE RAIN TO AN END BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON. LACK OF INSOLATION

AND INCREASING COLD ADVECTION...ALONG WITH PRECIP THROUGH THE FIRST

HALF OF THE DAY WILL KEEP TEMPS QUITE RAW...POSSIBLY IN THE LOW TO

MID 40S FOR MANY LOCATIONS. HIGH PRESSURE WILL ONCE AGAIN SURGE

INTO THE REGION FROM THE NORTH...AND MODELS SOUNDINGS SHOW

SUBSTANTIAL LOW LEVEL MOISTURE LINGERING INTO THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD.

POCKETS OF DRIZZLE MAY BE POSSIBLE THROUGH LATE EVENING..WHICH IS A

BIT TROUBLING WITH TEMPS EXPECTED TO BEGIN TO DROP TO NEAR FREEZING

ACROSS THE NORTH. WILL KEEP LOWS SLIGHTLY ABOVE GUIDANCE IN THE

31-38 RANGE GIVEN THE EXPECTED CLOUD COVER. BLACK ICE MAY BE AN

ISSUE SUNDAY NIGHT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH DRYING...MAINLY VIA

WIND...OCCURS LATE SUNDAY. WILL NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SUNDAY.

MotoWeather? Do I know you? LOL!

I woke up to a very nice clap of thunder this morning and yes, that train is right over our heads! Very nice way to usher some of this pollen away!

Ha...funny! I was tired of dawsonwx since I no longer lived in Dawson County the name didn't really make sense so I wanted to change it to something that I wouldn't have to ever change again. It's my two favorite hobbies combined...Motocross and Weather.

Up to .86" today.

.74" so far today here in Dahlonega. Chilly 49 with on and off lightning and downpours. Very nice west to east orientation should provide several more hours of training across north GA.

radar is looking good so far - about .58 here so far with moderate rain :bike:

btw, rabun county has been getting heavy rain all morning...it doesnt look like the heavy blob has really moved from there (at least since i have been awake)

.06" here, the rain is 20 miles or so to the north, kinda sucks. I was really looking forward to a prolonged rain event. I guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon and tonight.

You can see some of the rainfall totals for Georgia on the PWS page. Jason is lagging behind Blue Ridge for top rainfall honors so far!http://www.daculaweather.com/wu_metar.php

.06" here, the rain is 20 miles or so to the north, kinda *****. I was really looking forward to a prolonged rain event. I guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon and tonight.

You can see some of the rainfall totals for Georgia on the PWS page. Jason is lagging behind Blue Ridge for top rainfall honors so far!http://www.daculaweather.com/wu_metar.php

You have my city as Dawsonville GA and I live in Dahlonega. That would put two Dahlonega's on your page. Appalachianwx is more on the west/ SW side of town while I'm on the NE side of town.

radar is looking good so far - about .58 here so far with moderate rain :bike:

btw, rabun county has been getting heavy rain all morning...it doesnt look like the heavy blob has really moved from there (at least since i have been awake)

I'd figured you would have more than that based on radar...oh well.

Up to .98" now so 1"+ will happen.:thumbsup:

Nothing measurable at 6am this morning, well over an inch now and lots more to come.

Its pretty frustrating when you know that train of rain is only 10-20 miles north of you. Only had a few showers so far, hoping to see some storms tonight

the line has been pretty thin, but intense. The models had that zone in n. Al, Ga and into southern NC, upper SC pegged pretty nicely so far.

Kudos to the Upstate crowd...they usually get the shaft while I get the rain along the escarpment. Today looks to be the opposite.

Agreed. But yours is coming.

.12" total at the moment. I like how the heaviest of the moisture is training just barely to my south here haha. A 5-10 minute drive would put me right underneath it. Hopefully it will come north a bit through the day.

On another note, I woke up to being awfully chilly a little while ago. Sitting at 45° right now. I had to flip on the heat to get the house feeling comfortable.

EDIT(4:40pm): Now at .50" for the day.

csg_None_anim.gif

Archived