Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March

DaculaWeather

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly April of 09 we received flurries in the Atlanta area. I remember I was down at Mexico Beach with a friend for Spring Break when my mother said it was snowing. That Friday when I returned we had that tornado outbreak with a high risk for NW Georgia N Alabama into portions of TN. Believe the severe weather event was April 10 that year. Other than that can't recall any other days where snow fell in Atlanta metro in April.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I believe that was April 2007.

It snowed in April 09 in Atlanta too. He is right. I posted a picture of it on eastern since I was woprking downtown at the time. It didnt stick but as my superintendent put it: "its snowing like a sunbitch outside.". Lookout should remember that day. He was posting then.

Well, I see this sub-forum died. :lol: In other news there is a severe thunderstorm warning now in effect for these areas in Upstate SC until 5:00pm:

NORTHEASTERN ANDERSON COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

NORTHWESTERN LAURENS COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

EAST CENTRAL PICKENS COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

SOUTHERN GREENVILLE COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

Tornado warning now up for Greenwood and Laurens counties in Upstate SC until 6:30pm.

That storm is a beast!

Possible 3" hail with that thing.

Make that 3.5"

Hot and humid in March will mean cold and snowy for April. Wait and see.

As you probably know the moon is at its perigee and its going to be full tonight creating what NASA is calling a "super moon". These two things will occur within an hour of eachother (being full and perigee). The last time it was this close was March 19, 1993. The same month (and 6 days after) you know what. :)

Although it's not a severe T-storm we're getting a decent little storm.

High today was a sunburning 86.4!!:devilsmiley:

glad at least someone got under one of those storms lol. i was so irritated...a big one just missed me by about 3-5 miles :( i could hear the thunder - it appeared to be a great storm just not imby :thumbsdown:

Was in Spartanburg, SC for my daughter's dance competition yesterday. Did not miss those storms by much as they got going. Skies got very dark the the southwest so I figured they meant business.

Looks like models have backed off the killing freeze they were showing for next weekend for the time being. Still some heavy frost for some around the Carolinas and northern Georgia that could damage plants and their blooms, but nothing that extraordinary for March.

I left my inlaws in Acworth last night and as we were at a red light I saw a cloud off to the east. I told my wife that it looked like a very distant thunderstorm but I figured it was just an illusion. I was shocked to get home and see that monster on the radar. I dont know how hot we got yesterday but it was too hot. It brought back memories of 2007 when it got that hot in March. Hopefully it wont get that cold in April.

planning a camping trip this weekend out in the Pisgah, north of Asheville. Know nothing about weather. I see it's going to get colder on Thursday and Friday and heard the possibility of rain next Saturday? Please allow the experts to give me an early idea of what to expect, thanks...

planning a camping trip this weekend out in the Pisgah, north of Asheville. Know nothing about weather. I see it's going to get colder on Thursday and Friday and heard the possibility of rain next Saturday? Please allow the experts to give me an early idea of what to expect, thanks...

Although most here consider me an expert, I'm not quite ready to give an in depth analysis on next weekend yet. Stay tuned. All I'm willing to say at this point is "looks chilly".

86.5 here in March just ain't right! This heat price for better winters is very steep!! T

Yep, we cracked 80 here for the first time and it was not fun from around noon-4pm. Hopefully we get a few more weeks of nice weather before 80s become regular occurrences until October...

what a difference - yesterday was near perfect for a saturday (if we cant have snow lol) today is cloudy and 53

looks like the storms that moved just to the north of mby yesterday dropped some hail about 6 miles away (nothing here but some thunder :angry: )

Archived