christians
    Newest Member
    christians
March

DaculaWeather

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds have been gusty here this evening now. Now we truly have blowing pollen! :D

Most definitely. I feel absolutely terrible, despite taking Claritin this morning. I need to get some Sudafed, I think.

Anyways, big differences between the models for tonight's rain event: rainfall. Big differences considering this is just hours away.

Go with the RUC. Even with 35 to 45 DBZ returns over my area three different times, rain and storm activity have been very unimpressive. One clap of thunder and only .06 in the tank. Hopefully that second wave in middle TN will produce better results.

Go with the RUC. Even with 35 to 45 DBZ returns over my area three different times, rain and storm activity have been very unimpressive. One clap of thunder and only .06 in the tank. Hopefully that second wave in middle TN will produce better results.

ditto - extremely unimpressive here as well. although just a trace of rain...a lot of wind and blowing pollen though :( n ga is looking pretty pathetic at the moment to say the least

On another note, these storms are flying by. You'll have a 20 mile wide shower and it'll rain for only a brief few minutes.

Nothing but breezy showers came through here several minutes ago. The area of precipitation associated with this did produce a near strong thunderstorm back west in southern Rutherford county before it gradually weakened as it progressed eastward.:thumbsdown: I believe the second round will bring in something but at this point, we have sort of lost our instability from earlier today so here's to hoping that I see potentially heavier rain for the early night time period.

Just got a bright lightning flash along with some thunder! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's also finally raining outside! Wash all the pollen out of the air! weight_lift.gif

Looks like the line is about to roll through (I know crappy Intellicast radar, but I can post it here).

As I was hoping for, the line has made it past the Apps and now actually looks quite active in spots. There's one line in particular that I'm keeping watch on right now that's diving south and east toward my way. Appears promising at the moment for some nice heavy rainfall and perhaps a bit of storm action to go with it.

EDIT (11:37): Getting huge blue flashes of lightning now.

EDIT(12:19): Just got through experiencing heavy rain, wind, and a few bolts of lightning here. Still doing showers at the moment.

24l1oqx.jpg

Picked up 0.31" at KRDU last hour! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We are under a Flood Advisory, too.

FLOOD ADVISORY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

1209 AM EDT THU MAR 24 2011

NCC063-183-240530-

/O.NEW.KRAH.FA.Y.0002.110324T0409Z-110324T0530Z/

/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

WAKE NC-DURHAM NC-

1209 AM EDT THU MAR 24 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR HEAVY RAINFALL AND MINOR

FLOODING IN...

SOUTHEASTERN DURHAM COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

WAKE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 130 AM EDT

* AT 1206 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

THUNDERSTORMS WITH HEAVY RAINFALL OVER SOUTHEASTERN DURHAM AND WAKE

COUNTIES. DOPPLER RADAR ESTIMATED AN INCH OF RAIN HAS FALLEN OVER

SOUTHEAST DURHAM COUNTY AND NORTHERN PORTIONS OF WAKE COUNTY OVER

THE PAST HOUR.

* RUNOFF FROM THIS HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE MINOR FLOODING TO

OCCUR...ESPECIALLY ALONG SMALL STREAMS...IN LOW LYING AREAS...AND

AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE. SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE MINOR

FLOODING INCLUDE...CARY...RALEIGH...FUQUAY-VARINA...GARNER...RDU

INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND WAKE FOREST.

AN ADDITIONAL 1 INCH OF RAINFALL ARE STILL POSSIBLE AS ADDITIONAL

STORMS MOVE THROUGH THE AREA.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM THIS STORM WILL CAUSE MINOR FLOODING OF SMALL

CREEKS AND STREAMS...URBAN AREAS...HIGHWAYS...STREETS AND UNDERPASSES

AS WELL AS OTHER DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW LYING SPOTS.

PLEASE REPORT FLOODING TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING...

1...8 7 7...6 3 3...6 7 7 2 OR NOTIFY YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT

AGENCY.

&&

LAT...LON 3603 7858 3598 7844 3593 7839 3590 7834

3566 7852 3553 7869 3552 7872 3560 7900

3576 7894 3577 7895 3586 7890 3586 7892

3587 7891 3606 7882

$$

Nada here. It looked like we were going to have two lines come through but nothing. I'm ready for the rainy period that Robert was talking about, FFC says rain Sat-Wed so we'll see how it pans out.

I've made a change to my Severe Alert Summary in my sig. It now has a National Map that has hotspots that will take you to watches/warnings/etc for that area. The link is different than before, I kept both scripts in case anyone wanted to continue using the other one.

http://www.daculaweather.com/national_alerts/severe_alert.php

Just nearly .10" here. Not as much as I figured these storms would drop but will take what I can get.

Nada here. It looked like we were going to have two lines come through but nothing. I'm ready for the rainy period that Robert was talking about, FFC says rain Sat-Wed so we'll see how it pans out.

This front never did look like much for southern NC to GA area, all the dynamics were from Tn, nw NC and points north, just scattered down here. I got .06" from a brief downpour. The next system looks much better, and should have 2 parts. The first one though will just graze northern GA it appears now, most will be east to west from Tn to NC and perhaps northern Ms, Al GA SC area. Another good chance late next week.

The pollen count here today is 3939, extremely high is 1500. http://www.daculawea.../pollen_new.php

They need to recalibrate the scale, seems like every year we hit well over 3000. I guess past a certain point it doesn't make a difference...

Nice and refreshing outside though. A good 10 degree drop from yesterday. Barring a strong cold snap in the next couple weeks it looks like KATL's official last freeze will be Feb 12th. Kinda depressing.

On another note, these storms are flying by. You'll have a 20 mile wide shower and it'll rain for only a brief few minutes.

Man i was blown away by how fast they were going, no pun intended. It literally took only 25 or 30 minutes for that line of showers to go from west of gainesville to here, which is 70 miles away by the road. There was also this shower before the line got here that went from 20 miles west of athens to 20 miles east of me in 30 minutes...a distance of at least 40 or 50 miles. I can't believe they were moving a hundred miles per hour but they had to be going at least 70. I don't think i've ever seen storms move that quick.

Not much rain though, maybe just a minute or two, and not nearly enough to help, in fact it's worse because of the wind. Gusts well into the 40s. Everything is covered in pollen now.

Didn't see any rain...might have heard a few drops late in the nite, but it was dry out this morning. Had a great wind blowing all day yesterday. I loved it....and the lower temps. I spent a lot of time looking for the "things" Joe says are in the wind, but to no avail. I'm more convinced than ever the boy is losing it! Too much time spent in the mtns.....to much snow for one human to endure :) Careful with your ears, Joe! T

They need to recalibrate the scale, seems like every year we hit well over 3000. I guess past a certain point it doesn't make a difference...

Nice and refreshing outside though. A good 10 degree drop from yesterday. Barring a strong cold snap in the next couple weeks it looks like KATL's official last freeze will be Feb 12th. Kinda depressing.

Actually, they revised it this year. But I agree, if 1500 is extremely high, what is 3939?

Actually, they revised it this year. But I agree, if 1500 is extremely high, what is 3939?

I thought they did because I remember them having extremely high as being over 300 or 400 which I always laughed at as being absurd given the numbers we frequently experience. 1500 as extremely high is much better.

A few ideas for numbers above 3000. 1, "you don't want to know", 2. "everything is green", 3"if you have allergies, lock yourself up in a room and don't come out for a few weeks". or 4" Simply disgusting". Other ideas are welcomed

Archived