EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March

DaculaWeather

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we can get some active storms going this weekend across the I-85 corridor. Hopefully the wedge wont stick along to long.

I think we'll stay dammed up for the weekend in the western Carolinas, esp. CLT north and west. I see GSP is going for upper 50's here Saturday, which looks very high imo, both the GFS and NAM have a cold , northeast surface flow and stratiform rain, and we begin with low dewpoints, so considering how the models usually don't handle CAD too well, I won't be surprised to see some areas of the damming lee region stay close to 40 or low 40's, even around GSP to CLT. RAH is going a little colder for their zones but probably still a little too high, imo. If the rain doesn't materialize, it would be a different story.

The models verbatim are highs 42 to 50 in the CAD areas of the upstate to NC., and that looks reasonable, probably closer to the lower range.

post-38-0-67966100-1301005030.gif

post-38-0-00324200-1301005038.gif

post-38-0-73946800-1301005048.gif

I think we'll stay dammed up for the weekend in the western Carolinas, esp. CLT north and west. I see GSP is going for upper 50's here Saturday, which looks very high imo, both the GFS and NAM have a cold , northeast surface flow and stratiform rain, and we begin with low dewpoints, so considering how the models usually don't handle CAD too well, I won't be surprised to see some areas of the damming lee region stay close to 40 or low 40's, even around GSP to CLT. RAH is going a little colder for their zones but probably still a little too high, imo. If the rain doesn't materialize, it would be a different story.

The models verbatim are highs 42 to 50 in the CAD areas of the upstate to NC., and that looks reasonable, probably closer to the lower range.

post-38-0-67966100-1301005030.gif

post-38-0-00324200-1301005038.gif

post-38-0-73946800-1301005048.gif

Well luckily I am SE of I-85 in Union County. That's one thing I don't like about living here. In the winter the wedge is great for winter weather. But I hate cold rains. I either like winter weather or severe weather. LOL.

Well luckily I am SE of I-85 in Union County. That's one thing I don't like about living here. In the winter the wedge is great for winter weather. But I hate cold rains. I either like winter weather or severe weather. LOL.

Yeah me too. It seems lately you can't get these wedges in winter but are gauranteed to get them in the spring when you dont want them. I'd love to have some storms this weekend but it does looks like it'll be too cool for them this time.

I hear ya'.

Light Snow

Temp - 29.2 Degrees

Wind - 12 to 15 / gust to 22

The NAM gets you extremely close to snow midway and end of the event Saturday. I think the very end will changeover there. If everything were shifted just a tad south, say 75 miles, the northern Mountains of NC would be looking at a major snowfall. As it stands, the mtns of Wva,Va are in line, but will have less moisture most likely. Interesting system. And thats not the last one.

Low of 35 this morning...BRRRRRR...it's a little chilly.Between flip flopping wardobes and trying not to let Spring Fever hit me too hard right now (I really want to plant some flowers) I am so ready for a consistent temperature pattern.Although, I am really excited about the rain this weekend to knock out this ridiculous pollen!!

28 here this am, looks like it will be a lot nicer than yesterday. No wind I hope.:sun:

wow I'm glad we escaped it that cold here, got to 33. Very heavy dew. Looking forward to the rain. The Euro 10 day totals look really good across all of the Southeast, including central and northern Fl.

32.2° here with a serious frost! Hope it keeps the weeds in check for a while.

Amen on the weeds. We ended up bottoming out at 31. Not bad for late March. My mother in law has already asked if she should replant her tomatoes. At least she listened this time.

33 here this morning.

Wanted to mention the 0z euro shows the potential for snow in the mountains day 7.5. It has a rather significant low moving through the southeast with a rather impressive area of deformation snow over the southern appalachians. Some could even reach into the high elevations of far north ga.

For you nc folks, I want to call your attention to my post in robert's thread too. Freezing precip might be possible for parts of nc with major snow/ice just to the north per the 12z nam for sunday.

http://www.wsoctv.co...d=cmg_cntnt_rss

Foothills, was that you?

hah, thats closer to Mark (strongwx).

33 here this morning.

Wanted to mention the 0z euro shows the potential for snow in the mountains day 7.5. It has a rather significant low moving through the southeast with a rather impressive area of deformation snow over the southern appalachians. Some could even reach into the high elevations of far north ga.

For you nc folks, I want to call your attention to my post in allan's thread too. Freezing precip might be possible for parts of nc with major snow/ice just to the north per the 12z nam for sunday.

I agree. the GFS has been showing a possible storm with just enough cold as well,on the backside. Basically a nor'easter. I'd love to get another rain event in here. Just made a post on the NAM, don't see Allan's thread though?

hah, thats closer to Mark (strongwx).

I agree. the GFS has been showing a possible storm with just enough cold as well,on the backside. Basically a nor'easter. I'd love to get another rain event in here. Just made a post on the NAM, don't see Allan's thread though?

OOOPS I meant your thread :axe: Not sure why I said allan LOL

What the heck is going on the last few years ? This could be the 3rd straight year where Atlanta's last freeze is at least a month earlier than normal, and this year it would be nearly TWO months earlier than normal. Since 1948, the earliest "last freeze" for Atlanta was on Feb 16, 1985. The last freeze this year was Feb 12. Unbelievable. If there is a late freeze next fall, it's possible Atlanta could go almost an entire year without a freeze !!

Archived