• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow pack reduction may be mitigated some

Typhoon Tip

I was just reviewing the NAM a bit more closely and I suggest not going over MOS for Friday. Tomorrow may actually be the warmer of the two days. RH fields increase during Friday with decoupled (regionally) lows slipping possibly back into the upper 30s across most of the interior below 1000ft els. "If" cloud caps and with big snow pack, we may not get 22kts of 850mb advection to succeed at mixing out too well.

This may come to a shock to a lot of folks convinced of a 60-65F day, but if this holds merit we are 45-54f under 70% mean RH between 850mb and 700mb.

Part of the trouble is we have most of the wind energy with this cfropa overnight Friday into Saturday, when 40kt gust my rake for a while. I don't see big advention terms in the "warm sector" and in fact, the warm thickness are collapsing S before the cfront even gets here.

Am aware of the 18z moderate snow event on the GFS. Biding time on that.

I was just reviewing the NAM a bit more closely and I suggest not going over MOS for Friday. Tomorrow may actually be the warmer of the two days. RH fields increase during Friday with decoupled (regionally) lows slipping possibly back into the upper 30s across most of the interior below 1000ft els. "If" cloud caps and with big snow pack, we may not get 22kts of 850mb advection to succeed at mixing out too well.

This may come to a shock to a lot of folks convinced of a 60-65F day, but if this holds merit we are 45-54f under 70% mean RH between 850mb and 700mb.

Part of the trouble is we have most of the wind energy with this cfropa overnight Friday into Saturday, when 40kt gust my rake for a while. I don't see big advention terms in the "warm sector" and in fact, the warm thickness are collapsing S before the cfront even gets here.

this just hurts...

Yeah this has been modeled for a few days. I made a post a few days ago, about it possibly being junky with a mid level deck of clouds keeping temps somewhat in check, but still quite warm. Part of the reason that I thought Kevin might retain at least 12" of snow.

post-33-0-66612000-1297908550.gif

Tip that would be insane LOL after 2500 posts about the mega torch, 4 different threads and bets flying. I am rooting hard for your analysis to be spot on. I could see people heading out Friday AM with light jackets and frisbees in hand looking to sun on BIRVINGS lawn only to be forced inside .

Burly men crying for their mommas while their arms dangle out of car windows...

20/18, Mid 40's today with clouds, below freezing tonight, mid/upper 40's tomorrow with clouds before the 1st cold front, back below freezing tomorrow night. Should result in minimal damage. To think Kevin was running around screaming "everyone's snow will be gone!!! All gone!!" Looks like Phil and Scooter will be enjoying some complimentary beverages.

<br />Burly men crying for their mommas while their arms dangle out of car windows...<br />
<br /><br /><br />as you know I was one of the most skeptical of the torch underperforming . maybe the first to mention...we shall see. I still like low 50s cp...40s for us which isnt too bad

Tip that would be insane LOL after 2500 posts about the mega torch, 4 different threads and bets flying. I am rooting hard for your analysis to be spot on. I could see people heading out Friday AM with light jackets and frisbees in hand looking to sun on BIRVINGS lawn only to be forced inside .

This is pretty funny... haha nice

28.9/24, cloudy, lets stay in the 40s today.

36th day of a 12"+ snow depth.

52nd day of 1"+ snow depth.

Both should stay intact well into March, I hope.

Perhaps we will, but not off to a great start. Had a low of 27.6 at 2:30 this morning. Now up to 30.9/21. I'd put that as a significant increase before sunrise.

These clouds may help. You all know the days in the hot season when a beach outing is planned with temps in the 80s only to have clouds move in and keep it 10F cooler. Let's hope the next 2 days follow that script. 36.4 here..was a tad warmer earlier. I will be interested in seeing what BOS comes in with at 8AM as clouds may have dampened (for now) today's torch.

38 and mostly sunny-if it's sunny all day, we're in the 50's for sure

Being inland helps, 33 at BDR 34 here, but I noticed that we melted all night long.............all night.............all night...............all night long...............

Sun is shining brightly here.

Being inland helps, 33 at BDR 34 here, but I noticed that we melted all night long.............all night.............all night...............all night long...............

Sun is shining brightly here.

you guys torched in SWCT, even over here at work in SECT we had a sleet downpour and temps fell below freezing overnight. I observed no melting overnight at home , well 24 degrees will do that. Down here the roads are dry and parking lots too.

you guys torched in SWCT, even over here at work in SECT we had a sleet downpour and temps fell below freezing overnight. I observed no melting overnight at home , well 24 degrees will do that. Down here the roads are dry and parking lots too.

we had graupel last night here as well, went below freezing early now 34, hardly call it that we are torching LOL when the good reverend is 37 4 degrees higher LOL.

Archived