joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could not have asked for a worse start to this here, reached max heating today under clear skies, made it up to 47, and around 4pm, the strat deck moved in. Already seeing some returns to the south, but will be all RN as I am 45/23 atm. MHX pushing changeover back to 4am, from 1am. Looking at the RUC, our 850's warm to almost 3C, before going below 0 around daybreak. Hate being in the marginal category and have a bad feeling we may see the bulk of precip in the liquid form. :thumbsdown:

39 degrees here in Dahlonega. looks like snowclouds to me. sure feels like it too. This is the best part. just waiting and feeling pretty good that you'll see at least something. interesting bulge on the radar coming down from the TN/NC line right in the middle of the top part of GA.

47 here. Been cloudy since noon, with very little sun. Now, near 6 the sun is out, skys are blue with some thin clouds, and it is setting down thru a pretty cloudless sky to the west. Since they clear cut behind me I can see it way down on the horizon. You'd never guess anything was afoot. I take that, and the fact the grocery was nearly empty, with full shelves, at 1pm, to be signs of a coming surprise :) T

47 here. Been cloudy since noon, with very little sun. Now, near 6 the sun is out, skys are blue with some thin clouds, and it is setting down thru a pretty cloudless sky to the west. Since they clear cut behind me I can see it way down on the horizon. You'd never guess anything was afoot. I take that, and the fact the grocery was nearly empty, with full shelves, at 1pm, to be signs of a coming surprise :) T

thats funny about the shelves. A little 2 inch snow is nothing to us now in GA.

for real? Dang, I didn;t think any of that was hitting the ground. Guess I need to take up residence by the window now. :)

yep, kind of surprising, came down for about 10 min, pinging was evident on the window and checked, sure enough IP. Busted out the 3 D cell LED Maglite, aka SN detector, and examined the top of the car to determine it was 100% IP. Could even see it skimming of the roof outback in one of the flood lights. Nice little down pour but with temps in the lowers 40's pretty much melted on contact.

Archived