wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some flurries earlier and it looks like some good stuff is about to come out of NGA and the upstate

For us, its a race. The moisture will be cresting the Apps chain here shortly, if its not already. And you can see the northern and western edge really fading fast . I just wonder if this will totally collapse around here, or hold together thanks to the precip racing in from northern Alabama and GA, which is still heading northeast right toward us, yet it too is taking on a more due east track. About as close a call here as it gets. I really doubt the RUC on it lingering the bands overnight after 4 am or , and certainly the one it spins up around 6 to 7am here. If anything even close to that happens around that hour I'd be surprised. At this point, hoping to just get a few hours of decent rates out of this.

For us, its a race. The moisture will be cresting the Apps chain here shortly, if its not already. And you can see the northern and western edge really fading fast . I just wonder if this will totally collapse around here, or hold together thanks to the precip racing in from northern Alabama and GA, which is still heading northeast right toward us, yet it too is taking on a more due east track. About as close a call here as it gets. I really doubt the RUC on it lingering the bands overnight after 4 am or , and certainly the one it spins up around 6 to 7am here. If anything even close to that happens around that hour I'd be surprised. At this point, hoping to just get a few hours of decent rates out of this.

Go look in your floodlight Robert. Here is a short term issued by GSP:

SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

959 PM EST WED FEB 9 2011

NCZ035>037-056-057-068>072-082-SCZ008-009-014-100500-

ALEXANDER-IREDELL-DAVIE-CATAWBA-ROWAN-CLEVELAND-LINCOLN-GASTON-

MECKLENBURG-CABARRUS-UNION NC-CHEROKEE-YORK-CHESTER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...STATESVILLE...MOCKSVILLE...HICKORY...

SALISBURY...SHELBY...LINCOLNTON...GASTONIA...CHARLOTTE...

CONCORD...MONROE...GAFFNEY...ROCK HILL...CHESTER

959 PM EST WED FEB 9 2011

.NOW...

AN AREA OF PRECIPITATION MAINLY IN THE FORM OF SNOW WILL SPREAD

EAST FROM THE MOUNTAINS TO REACH THE INTERSTATE 77 CORRIDOR BEFORE

MIDNIGHT. SOME SLICK SPOTS MAY OCCUR WHERE THE HEAVIER WINTRY

PRECIPITATION OCCURS.

$$

OUTLAW

Some TV mets already are pointing at the possibility of getting a Trace in Raleigh would be difficult. What gives? Surely a TRACE should be easy to come by when all is said and done....I know the 00z NAM made it look impossible but come on. :arrowhead: /brick /widre rant

i think she is in (or near) rome. heavier returns are getting close....i am getting impatient lol

Likewise, the leading edge that was heading for me just evaporated as it past atlanta so I'm having to wait an extra bit of time, maybe 30 to 45 more minutes. Plus the precip that formed over nega/upstate is just north of me. I do hate waiting when you start seeing everyone near by seeing flakes lol

Archived