wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavier returns just to your west/northwest, Tony. Straight out 16 to Senoia and up to Tyrone. Bet it changes back.

Dryslot here and 43deg.

Hey, Shack! Yeah, I saw you caught the dry slot..and I was in it for a long time. Had maybe 5 minutes of sleet then went to pretty good rain. And still rain now, but very little of that. Oh, well, this won't be a sledding event anyway. Need to get my blocking back, and the gfs ensemble mean is trying get a -nao :) Maybe next week...more likely around the 25th, lol. Always a good storm out there. T

still waiting. Temp 35

me too. sigh - a couple of flakes drifting down but thats it so far. the sky is really fuzzy and it looks close, but not yet

No joke, 30dbz overhead and not a flake yet. I hate living this far from the damn radars.

see my whine above. same here (except i have probably had a whopping 50 flakes lol)

No joke, 30dbz overhead and not a flake yet. I hate living this far from the damn radars.

Don't feel bad, it's not much better here, I guess I'm a little SW from you. It's been overhead for a while now, I get a little light snow every now and then but I'm still only about 70% humidity, at least it's rising pretty fast now. I just hate wasting any moisture.

Made it to Nashville. About 1.5 inches but what a freaking mess!! Totally ice underneath where rush hour traffic packed it down. Cars sliding and stuck everywhere. Stars coming out and temps dropping through 20 degrees. Tomorrow morning will suck!

Can't see you folks back east getting much more than 2" where it decides to snow. It was a 3 hour quick hit here.

Don't feel bad, it's not much better here, I guess I'm a little SW from you. It's been overhead for a while now, I get a little light snow every now and then but I'm still only about 70% humidity, at least it's rising pretty fast now. I just hate wasting any moisture.

We have wasted a bunch of moisture over head.

me too. sigh - a couple of flakes drifting down but thats it so far. the sky is really fuzzy and it looks close, but not yet

see my whine above. same here (except i have probably had a whopping 50 flakes lol)

What's been so frustrating here though is I'm under one of the heaviest bands on radar! Actually I should edit my post above, it started really quick and moderate but now it's lighter again :arrowhead:

I know what you mean. The beam is at 9,000 ft when it goes over my area.

It kills you at the start of the storm because if you was closer to the radar, you wouldn't be seeing such strong returns. Even though you KNOW it's so high up, it's still frustrating though and psychologically it's torture lol. It also sucks at the end of a storm because you have snow and the radar doesn't show it. So you have no real idea how long before it ends.

It's not the surface humidity, it's the boundary layer above the surface (even the mid levels initially). Dewpoints were well below zero aloft so it does take time. It just seems like sometimes though it takes far longer than you would think.

Rapid temp drop, down to 35.

Archived