northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really nice snow for Birmingham. Snowed from about 7pm till 1130. 2 Hours of moderate snow. 1.5-2" around town. Probably 2-3 in some spots. Beautiful snow that coated trees and made for good scenery. It was interesting that it was 47 degrees at 3pm and we didnt have a drop of rain. A stiff north wind dropped temps about 8-10 degrees in about 2 hours right before precip shield set in. Really surprised me, as I was ready for at least an hour of rain/mix before a changeover. Overall a great little snow for us.

just had a few flakes here in Ironwood, Greenville,NC

Keep the eyes pealed Millz, likely to see more coming through in the next 30 min based on radar, rapid development to the SW inbound, may be some melting but this should be a benchmark on what to expect going forward given thermals. Increased support for banding sigs shaping up along a Greene County to Elizabeth City line, MHX had this btw, as did some guidance. :guitar:

post-382-0-16206600-1297318189.png

Since I'm up to 1 1/4 then you will get 2 1/2"....congrats!

I think I'm gonna hit the sack now though.

:lmao:

Approaching an inch here with moderate snow. Somehow got lucky and the temp dropped to 32.5 before much of the good snow even got here thanks to that 10 to 15 minutes worth of slop..the rest of the time it's been 31.5 or so which has allowed most of it to stick. Which is better than I thought..figuring it would be one of those 32.5 to 33 degree snows.

Truly a beautiful snow..much more beautiful snow than the last one, when the wind was whipping it around and it was so damn cold you couldn't stand out in it long. This one there isn't much, if any, wind and it's just gorgeous. Just got through walking around, taking pictures, and staring at it like a 10 year old for about a half hour lol. I figure I better soak it in while I can. So peaceful out there right now which is never tiresome.

along with some of the other georgia posters, moderate to heavy snow (nickel to quarter size flakes) about 3/4 and counting :popcorn:

:lmao:

Approaching an inch here with moderate snow. Somehow got lucky and the temp dropped to 32.5 before much of the good snow even got here thanks to that 10 to 15 minutes worth of slop..the rest of the time it's been 31.5 or so which has allowed most of it to stick. Which is better than I thought..figuring it would be one of those 32.5 to 33 degree snows.

Truly a beautiful snow..much more beautiful snow than the last one, when the wind was whipping it around and it was so damn cold you couldn't stand out in it long. This one there isn't much, if any, wind and it's just gorgeous. Just got through walking around, taking pictures, and staring at it like a 10 year old for about a half hour lol. I figure I better soak it in while I can. So peaceful out there right now which is never tiresome

:thumbsup: well said. there has been enough here tonight, and heavy enough rates, that it makes it in as another accumulating snowfall :scooter:

along with some of the other georgia posters, moderate to heavy snow (nickel to quarter size flakes) about 3/4 and counting :popcorn:

:thumbsup: well said. there has been enough here tonight, and heavy enough rates, that it makes it in as another accumulating snowfall :scooter:

Hard to believe we have had 3 accumulating snows this year. I really hope I get two inches so I can round out the year with 15 inches. Damn that has an incredibly bizarre but beautiful sound to it :snowman:

What an incredible winter for so many areas but clearly a frustrating one for others. I feel for those, I really do. I suffered through enough of them myself and it sucks beyond words so hopefully our joy isn't rubbing it in and making them want to kill us lol

Got a 360 degree screw here- damn heat island! More west, north, south and east- will not get more than 1/2" on the grass. It probably would have been 1-2" if so much melting had not occurred. Still it was not going to stick around anyway, and it was fun to see it fall. Congrats to NE GA. you guys really hit the jackpot this year! On to severe season!!!

Just measured 3/4 of an inch on my deck railing. Its snowing pretty good now, its wet sticky stuff, need to get a degree or two colder, would like to see it last a few hours this am.

if we can keep this rate up I'd say we will be over an inch easily within the next hour or so. Looks like a few more hours of snow for us at least so I'm going to go out on a limb and say

two inches for us here in FFC.

This is far nicer than the sleet fest we had last time!!!! Very pretty snow coating on everything now.

Well looks like the heaviest has pushed off to the east. I hope the cold air rushes in later this morning and preserves the snow for the little ones. I tried to wake them (bad idea) but they would rather sleep. I've got to get at least a few hours of sleep. Roads are going to be fine it seems and I've got work in the morning. Three accumulating snows in one season and one on Christmas Day! Amazing! I'd never thought I'd see it.

Archived