• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

That actually surprises me. I measured 1 1/4" at midnight and we picked up just a tad more after I went to bed to yield 1.5".

I'm probably undercutting it a little. that was on a hard wood surface. I couldn't get a decent measurement in the grass cause my grass is too high. when I did measure in the grass last night at around 2a I was getting about 1.5, but again, couldn't tell really how accurate that was. I don't think we were that far off. you could have been just a tad colder. next year gonna have to cut it lower (I usually do, but not this year).

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea was really strange to watch the radar have a hole pretty much over the entire upstate... although it seems like the southern upstate is picking up on some snow. Overall though, It looks like the best forcing is not really co-located with the best moisture advection, as convection near the gulf coast did end up forming robbing some of the moisture from making it further north.

It was the mid level front and downsloping that ate the precip in the Upstate to here. It was a close race between it and the moisture.

Good ole dusting in Bostic this morning,

School is on a two hour delay, for some reason...

Spring....Lets go... :)

Same here. Dusting. Beautiful sunny morning.

Nary a flake on the ground at my house this morning. The screwzone holds here. I think this makes about 10 consecutive winter storms where lookout to my southwest has gotten more snow than me.:arrowhead:

Definitely a Georgia Winter. Congrats to those in GA.

had an inch in west asheville, hard to believe as much as the radar showed we only got an inch, i was thinking 3 or 4 maybe looking at the radar. oh well there is still hope i hear the NAO should go negative sometime next week>

It was the mid level front and downsloping that ate the precip in the Upstate to here. It was a close race between it and the moisture.

Same here. Dusting. Beautiful sunny morning.

Definitely a Georgia Winter. Congrats to those in GA.

the winter is not over by far. we've all seen temps in the sixties one week and the next a nice snowstorm :snowman: i remember april 3 i think 1987 on a saturday it was in the sixties on friday and saturday afternoon we had a foot of snow on the ground. i was trying to deliver the mail in north asheville up sunset mtn. and i couldn't make it even with chains on.

Like I said in the ga report thread, somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches here. I measured late but I still measured more than 2.5 in most spots with a few 3 inch spots. Regardless, I'm more than thrilled with that amount needless to say. I didn't expect that much (expected an inch at best). That gives me over 15 inches for the year. Insane.

Truly beautiful snow though. Stuck to everything. The trees were wet last night because of the mix/rain I had right at the start so the snow just stuck to them like glue. I love these types of snows even if it's just a couple of inches. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't more than that because the cedars are really drooping this morning.

I'm happy with the end result vs my overall expectations going into this storm with respect to how much and where it would fall too.

Archived