• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

Holy smokes! Bartlesville, OK is reporting a temp of -23F currently.

http://forecast.weat....x=298&map.y=23 (time sensitive)

Actually they got down to -28F this morning, which would be a new state record!

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

755 AM CDT THU FEB 10 2011

...ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT BARTLESVILLE OKLAHOMA...

...ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET FOR THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA...

AN ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 28 DEGREES BELOW ZERO WAS SET

AT BARTLESVILLE OKLAHOMA THIS MORNING AT 7:19 AM. THE PREVIOUS ALL

TIME RECORD LOW WAS 25 BELOW ZERO JANUARY 22ND 1930. THIS SMASHES

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR THIS DATE OF 13 BELOW ZERO SET IN 1929.

THIS ALSO SETS THE ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE FOR THE STATE OF

OKLAHOMA. THE PREVIOUS RECORD LOW WAS 27 DEGREES BELOW ZERO SET AT

VINITA, OK IN 1905 AND AT WATTS, OK IN 1930.

THIS INFORMATION IS PRELIMINARY AND WILL BE INVESTIGATED FURTHER.

$$

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the ga report thread, somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches here. I measured late but I still measured more than 2.5 in most spots with a few 3 inch spots. Regardless, I'm more than thrilled with that amount needless to say. I didn't expect that much (expected an inch at best). That gives me over 15 inches for the year. Insane.

Truly beautiful snow though. Stuck to everything. The trees were wet last night because of the mix/rain I had right at the start so the snow just stuck to them like glue. I love these types of snows even if it's just a couple of inches. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't more than that because the cedars are really drooping this morning.

I'm happy with the end result vs my overall expectations going into this storm with respect to how much and where it would fall too.

So you're not coming after me now? smile.gif

A dusting in NE raleigh, probably a few tenths of an inch. RDU airport reported 0.3 inches.

0.3, friggin awesome...I woke up to at least ground/snow cover. Didn't snow for long as I went to bed just afer 2am without a flurry and got up around 6:30 and it was coming to a stop. So at the most ~3.5 hours of precip.

Just to think WRAL had all of Wake Co. in the 1-2" range....for a conservative station, that definitely gave me false hope!

It snowed for a bit, went back to mix, then snow etc etc all night down here. Area to the South of CAE like Aiken and Orangeburg got at least a dusting and around an inch to the North. Not one flake accumulated anywhere here as expected. ;)

I didn't see the first flake all night long :( It was nice to hear others in the area got to see some flakes fly though :)

lol..I guess not...but I would have if I had gotten screwed ;)

Here are a few pics

Wooo hooooo!! :hug: Your place looks beautiful with a fresh blanket of snow :wub:

We ended up with less than an inch and schools started on time (kudos to the school system - in years past a dusting like this would have meant at least a delay). Kids were glad they didn't have to miss school for something they couldn't even sled in.

Would love to get enough to measure at least one more time....

LOL looks like about what we got here in NE charlotte.

Dusting here in Belmont, NC. It has already melted. Bring on Spring.

about what I was expecting, flurries at best. All the models had us in the min zone from the start, except for ensemble means, which can't be used in this situation b/c some members had a different track (the unlikely track) and skewed the results here.

post-38-0-55901100-1297358081.gif

Wound up with right @ an inch here. .9 to be exact. A half inch of that fell in 15 mins during the heavy band that went thru.

Unfortunately, we missed out on the "streaker" band that moved due east just to my north bringing areas along that narrow band from Se Kentucky thru Wise and Dickenson counties in Virginia a general 3-4 inches.

Seasonal now @ 23.5"

mine is gone too :( we have been really spoiled with snow and then cold air to keep it around. this snow was more usual for ga...snows and is gone by the afternoon. there are a few patches in the shade on the north side of houses, but as soon as the sun hits it, its gone

side note: just saw this

http://southeastfarmpress.com/management/georgia-eyes-coldest-winter-ever

"Cold temperatures and heavy snow crippled north Georgia in January. ...Georgia’s temperature was significantly below normal last month. In Atlanta, the monthly average temperature was 40.2 degrees F (2.5 degrees below normal), in Athens 39.7 degrees (2.5 degrees below normal)...

If colder-than-normal temperatures continue into February, this winter could possibly set records for the coldest winter ever in some parts of Georgia."

:thumbsup:

I wished to add,

scattered reports of snow, mixed with rain, sleet reported tough-out Horry/ Brunswick and New Hanover counties, though-out this Morning-afternoon, looking for clear skies and the warm-up never happened, because of the SLP moving from Florida on up the east coast..had a good snowfall for about 15 minutes around 6:30 am and 7 this morning, nickle/dime flakes, before returning to rain snow mix, them all rain...Front stalled just off the coast... Along with temps. (was for casted into the 50's going into 60 tomorrow..) BUST!

A BIG bust of NWS/AFD on the forcast....'

currently 37.9

Currently, overcast, light rain, sometimes you can see a flake mixed in. or sleet/..

humidity 97%

Dew point is 37%..

Nice to see a *FEW* flakes this morning..... if nothing else out of the FAIL system....Forcasted....

Bring on SPRING!

Still have a patch of snow in front of my front porch.....day #3.....:whistle:

lol - managed to keep a few very small patches as well. it was all gone by noon yesterday

we really got spoiled with some of the storms the last two years bringing down really cold air after it snowed. we were able to keep snow on the ground for over a week. this was more 'normal' for a georgia snow. in and out and melted

Archived