wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering what radar most prefer to use? I use Intellicast interactive has done real good being accurate tonight with intensity. Usually is very good with its depiction of the rain-mix-snow line. Tonight it was off by maybe 40-50 miles generally. Was showing rain but in reality was snowing within 40-50 mile area

I use NWS composite loops. Running Dawsonx motorweatherman for obs and base reflectivity.Speaking of which, the band is losing intensity just as itvis about to move in here.:axe:

Heavy snow band just moved through- great big flakes, but is almost over. Still less than an inch

Yeah, if only that band would just park over Atlanta, wouldn't that be great ? The heaviest snow I saw the entire storm was the last 30 minutes of snow we had, which is the band currently over Atlanta.

man Shack, looking at the radar you are soooo close. would be great if that heavy pocket above Eufala could turn to snow before it reaches you. growing up in the Valley as a kid it was excruciating to hear about it snowing in N. GA. But I got the 18 inches in 1973 down there. man that was the most awesome ever.

Yeah, Tim, ya'll got the reverse on me back then :) I remember standing out in the parking lot at work in Broadview Plaza in Atl. and watching those clouds down south..wishing them north. All I got was a bunch of partly sunny while you got the blast of a life time :)

Winding down here...back in a dry slot again. I might end up with a bit over a quarter inch. Tony

GSP has cancelled the winter weather advisory. Zip, zilch, nada here.

Yea was really strange to watch the radar have a hole pretty much over the entire upstate... although it seems like the southern upstate is picking up on some snow. Overall though, It looks like the best forcing is not really co-located with the best moisture advection, as convection near the gulf coast did end up forming robbing some of the moisture from making it further north.

34deg and big,clumpy, moderate snow still falling. Cars now have a nice coating. Glad to see that many of us got to see something out of this system.

Guess I'd better get at least 2 hours of sleep before heading out in the morning, so goodnight everyone.

I'll be dreaming of Feb '73 !

Cheez, your 1"-2" call worked out well here. 1.25 on the diving board with another .25 on the way it looks.

3 one inch or better snows in Loganville, Ga. in one season! May not live to see this again.:thumbsup:

Good,I was worried, 1" was a better call actually over the entire metro, darn warm air. Here at home in L5P have a coating on most grassy surfaces- 3/4"on top of my car. Nice snow anyway, gentle with big flakes- don's care that much about the lack of 1"- this has been a great winter here.

Archived