wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe we have had 3 accumulating snows this year. I really hope I get two inches so I can round out the year with 15 inches. Damn that has an incredibly bizarre but beautiful sound to it :snowman:

What an incredible winter for so many areas but clearly a frustrating one for others. I feel for those, I really do. I suffered through enough of them myself and it sucks beyond words so hopefully our joy isn't rubbing it in and making them want to kill us lol

it sure is - not to mention the ice in dec which was high impact. i was hoping to get two 20+ years :devilsmiley: but tonight's (about an inch so far) is just a couple of inches shy (not complaining).

hopefully enough holds together to give some snow to those in nc (and yes, it sucks being on the outside looking in. i havent paid much attention to the longer range models but we still have some winter to get through :scooter: so maybe they can cash in)

well looks like my bedtime will be delayed a bit longer. the precip seems to be increasing a bit just north of atl headed this way :devilsmiley: if we can get an increase coming into ne ga, it should hold together at least in to the upstate, and hopefully farther

wow I see what you mean. that just happened since the last time I looked at the radar. looks like the darker blue has split and a piece is heading right toward my house. guess I can catch up on sleep tomorrow night! I need to catch up with dawsonwx. hes just on the other side of town and his last report said 1.5 inches and I'm at 3/4.

wow I see what you mean. that just happened since the last time I looked at the radar. looks like the darker blue has split and a piece is heading right toward my house. guess I can catch up on sleep tomorrow night! I need to catch up with dawsonwx. hes just on the other side of town and his last report said 1.5 inches and I'm at 3/4.

lol - i know, it wasnt there and then BAM it just appeared :thumbsup: hopefully dawson's still up, as he may be under the heavier snow again

so far its one county away and holding together, and i am holding my breath

well looks like my bedtime will be delayed a bit longer. the precip seems to be increasing a bit just north of atl headed this way :devilsmiley: if we can get an increase coming into ne ga, it should hold together at least in to the upstate, and hopefully farther

Just made the same decision here lol. Work is going to be brutal tomorrow.

Still light snow falling here in spite of radar hole I'm now in.

Tim we have to be really close to each other. I live in Achasta. Where exactly are you? Measured table out back little over an inch however on the grass 2 inches. Just rode all over Achasta no problems 32 here

Tim we have to be really close to each other. I live in Achasta. Where exactly are you? Measured table out back little over an inch however on the grass 2 inches. Just rode all over Achasta no problems 32 here

southside of town about 3-4 miles from the square toward Auraria.

awesome Shack. Thanks for the obs. I'm from down that way originally. good to see the parents might be getting something to see when they wake up.

Just changed back to light rain, but maybe we can squeeze out a coating, as it looks like it'll pick back up here shortly as the 850's move southeast. Good returns heading this way from Columbus.

Last 15-20 min. it has been snowing pretty hard some quarter sized flakes in size. Looks like last punch from this nice storm for my area maybe an hour left. Sorry to the people that got shafted with this one.

yep, saw it. glad Nega spotted it on the radar and I got to see it. when I first got up at 1a it was more like a snow drizzle. nice flakes coming down now.

man Shack, looking at the radar you are soooo close. would be great if that heavy pocket above Eufala could turn to snow before it reaches you. growing up in the Valley as a kid it was excruciating to hear about it snowing in N. GA. But I got the 18 inches in 1973 down there. man that was the most awesome ever.

Knoxville reporting in. The airport in Maryville reported 1.0" but here at my house we got only a dusting. There's probably less than half an inch in grassy spots and on the roofs.

My parents in Meridian, MS reported about a half inch to an inch of snow. It was enough to make my 4 year old niece happy.

Final snowfall total in Carrollton = 1.25 inches (more would have accumulated but surface temps never even reached freezing). Anyway, looks like some good snow in Atlanta right now. This reminds me a lot of the Christmas snow, where temps were very marginal and a lot melted because of the warm temps.

Archived