joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9-10 Observations

strongwxnc

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish our temps were lower before it arrived.

Don't worry, they will drop in a hurry once the precip starts. Wetbulb zero heights are very low so even with temps well above freezing, snow should reach the surface right from the start or very soon after. My concern isn't the temps, it's how much precip makes it into ga. It would be great if it was similar as al right now.

Down to 38 here. Dp went up to 25 at one point, now back down to 22. Earlier runs of the ruc had me at 40 with a dp of 35 right now.

Don't worry, they will drop in a hurry once the precip starts. Wetbulb zero heights are very low so even with temps well above freezing, snow should reach the surface right from the start or very soon after. My concern isn't the temps, it's how much precip makes it into ga. It would be great if it was similar as al right now.

Down to 38 here. Dp went up to 25 at one point, now back down to 22. Earlier runs of the ruc had me at 40 with a dp of 35 right now.

Can you say RUC fail? :arrowhead: 41oF here with precip on radar about 40 miles away. lets see what happens...:popcorn:

Archived