joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Baltimore/DC Rolling Obs Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm talking about! I may do an article next week on the warm pattern we look like we're entering and you know< i don't mind the warmth at all. I'm going to embrace it like a long lost child.

i'd rather have seen it at the beginning of feb or end of jan but considering we have seen so few highs even above 50 it will be rather delightful if it comes to pass.

That's what I'm talking about! I may do an article next week on the warm pattern we look like we're entering and you know< i don't mind the warmth at all. I'm going to embrace it like a long lost child.

there is virtually no chance that we will be tracking another major winter event is there. The flip to warm is coming so late its going to kill the rest of our dismal winter

I don't care how much someone loves snow and winter. After the loooong stretch of cold and windy weather this year, those temps are going to feel downright awesome.

I'm with Kenny. End it with a sharp coldfront and some thunder then let's see if we get squeeze out a -NAO some blocking for 10 days and pick up enough snow to hit climo. Looking at the stats and the fact that we are in a NINA, we probably have a 33% chance of 3+" before time runs out.

I'm really liking it, too. Actually...I'm loving it! Let's just hope it comes off, because I'll be off next Friday and may try to swing a few sticks if it's that nice out!

Everyone falling in love with a Day 7+ Euro forecast...I've seen that somewhere before...:whistle:

I typically abhor 50F+ days in Dec-Feb, but with two kids that desperately need some sort of outside playtime each day, I'll take the warm days as they come. Haven't really even had many 40F+ days this winter. I'd like to hit climo snowfall though, but with about 8" to go for MBY, I don't think that's going to happen.

Check out radar

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

There appears to be a linear baroclinic leaf (expanding area of precip for all you hobbyists) over Central VA moving up to N VA. Hmmmm.....

Naaaah.....................Dry air will get 99 percent of the snow, and I live in N VA besides. We don't get snow in N VA in a strong La Nina with spring coming on at over 99000 miles per hour.

The Mid South WILL get ample snow from this. We're just too far northaxesmiley.png

Arkansas was utterly annihilated by heavy snows http://www.srh.noaa....?n=win0211c.htm

The South has effectively stolen the snow that was rightfully OURS.

What I don't get is why some hillbilly in the Ouachita Mountains has to go HOG all our snow - to the tune of 22 inches worth of snow, the sumbytches got to enjoy 12 inches of heavy snow in THREE FOOKIN HOURS - while we starve for want of snow. Hey Mid South - WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF GODDAMNED TIME up here, with Springtime just snapping at our heels already! You have the temerity to go stealin' all OUR snow then you go fartin' all that hot air all up in our face - cutting our winter up short with all that hot air while you irreverently kick back in OUR 22 inches of snow and then turn around enjoying a Siberian airmass that will put you FORTY DEGREES below normal - and by the time that air gets here - IT'S MODERATED fuck you very much.

Why can't we spread the wealth around a little - say Ouachita gets 9 inches and MBY gets 2-3, while DCA gets about 10-14 inches of snow? hey I am not greedy here.

Learn somethings southerners. Quit STEALING our rightful snows and LEARN TO SHARE, dammit!!!

WE been cryin' all winter long for a pattern chnage - Yeah we sure got our pattern chnage - Just not what we wanted to seeaxesmiley.png

Just like the Washington redskins - we always seem to find a way to LOSE - even to the Deep South for krise sake geeze...

Check out radar

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

There appears to be a linear baroclinic leaf (expanding area of precip for all you hobbyists) over Central VA moving up to N VA. Hmmmm.....

Naaaah.....................Dry air will get 99 percent of the snow, and I live in N VA besides. We don't get snow in N VA in a strong La Nina with spring coming on at over 99000 miles per hour.

The Mid South WILL get ample snow from this. We're just too far northaxesmiley.png

Technically its coming at around 67,000mph... lol...

Archived