joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Baltimore/DC Rolling Obs Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad just drove home on Rt 100 and said it was dusted over. I guess there wasn't any pretreatment. With the radar filling in a little bit it should be interesting to see how this effects things. I think we should be done with this by about 11 or 12...could see 1/4 - 1/2 " by then

There were a couple accidents reported on Rt 100. There were 2-3 at the Severn River Bridge.

Done...there's a green dot headed straight toward DC on the base radar...:)

On animated radar, the greens look as if they will scrape south of DCA, say from Springfield South in Fairfax and Prince William. Either way, can't believe we are obsessing over this. Shows you how tortured and desperate we have all become

This is wayyyyy more snow than I was expecting tonight.

I thought I'd stay up til 3am and barely see about four flurries and cheer it on.

It's been snowing since 630pm.

For me - This is an overperformer. We had a 40 percent chance of snow and it's been snowing for HOURS!

26 degrees with a dry sparkly snow. Everything is white - I have over a quarter inch of snow close to half an inch.

This is MUCH MORE than a coating

If those green returns so much as kiss my BY I'm good for an inch. My lawn is getting whiter and whiter

Bring It ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On animated radar, the greens look as if they will scrape south of DCA, say from Springfield South in Fairfax and Prince William. Either way, can't believe we are obsessing over this. Shows you how tortured and desperate we have all become

We're desperate. We are far worse off than degenerate gamblers. We gambled our hearts away on winter this season and nearly EVERY snowstorm has found a way to miss us. We have a right to bytch and moan. The Deep South has had far more snow than we USUALLY see in a normal winter - So has Norfolk VA. SE VA has us beaten senseless wrt to snow this winter. Arkansas and Oklahoma look like we did last February.

This is the only weather we got. Let's enjoy it to the FULL, for tomorrow we die (winter is over for another 9 months)

Some of us in Central and Northern VA may cash in with 1-2 inches. It's a sure bet that Va Beach will get 5 inches. Fredericksburg will get at least an inch, maybe 2. temps are in the mid 20s with excellent ratios.

Anyone that gets in on green returns will get shovelable snow with these temps/ratios. To be honest - I am too far north damn it anyway - but Stafford and Fredericksburg got a shot at the greens and perhaps a couple quick inches of thump snow.

We're desperate. We are far worse off than degenerate gamblers. We gambled our hearts away on winter this season and nearly EVERY snowstorm has found a way to miss us. We have a right to bytch and moan. The Deep South has had far more snow than we USUALLY see in a normal winter - So has Norfolk VA. SE VA has us beaten senseless wrt to snow this winter. Arkansas and Oklahoma look like we did last February.

This is the only weather we got. Let's enjoy it to the FULL, for tomorrow we die (winter is over for another 9 months)

Some of us in Central and Northern VA may cash in with 1-2 inches. It's a sure bet that Va Beach will get 5 inches. Fredericksburg will get at least an inch, maybe 2. temps are in the mid 20s with excellent ratios.

Anyone that gets in on green returns will get shovelable snow with these temps/ratios. To be honest - I am too far north damn it anyway - but Stafford and Fredericksburg got a shot at the greens and perhaps a couple quick inches of thump snow.

Ive noticed a lot of places in Central VA seem to be virga...It seems to reallly vary from place to place as to where light snow is falling and where its not...Some people (not on this board) have been crazy hallucinating about this storm coming further north and turning up the coast...Accu-w- no i wont say it.

Just stunned - I never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I'd get FIVE HOURS of snow from this storm.

I thought I'd stay up to 3am hoping against hope for ONE stray flurry - the last I'd ever see till Dec 2011 or Jan 2012.

Instead I get 5 hours of sparkly snow and nearly a HALF INCH of fresh snow - enough to make the lawn look white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THis is not just a coating - It is enough to SHOVEL!!!!!!

Overperformer !!!!!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

EDIT - LOLZ at me - The green band went by - I just refreshed my browser - Missed it - We must have had some serious mod snow as that sweet green band kissed my BY - I now have well over half an inch, damn close to three quarters of an inch of snow.

The lawn is white - it is now reflecting light between itself and the low clouds. WOW what a storm!!!

Always remember when its snowing - take a glance out the window once in a while. WOW that must have been something!!!

I can't believe I got this much snow tonight. Just unbelievable!!!

it's good to get a reminder this area can be crippled by 1/2" of snow

lmaosmiley.gif

Nothing better than a storm that overperforms here. Typically its the other way around.

I needed some luck here after a measly 3 1/2" last snow when everyone north of me got dumped on.

It's nice getting trained by a stream of light snow on radar as a nice parting gift to this cold/dry warm/wet winter Snowman.gif

Archived