12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the southeast but I have an employee that lives north of DFW in Texas and south of Denton and he has already received 5" from this deal and a heavy band is moving thru. To be exact he lives in Argyle, TX.

and everyone crapped on Atlanta for bad weather during the superbowl! isnt this there second major storm during superbowl week

This is not the southeast but I have an employee that lives north of DFW in Texas and south of Denton and he has already received 5" from this deal and a heavy band is moving thru. To be exact he lives in Argyle, TX.

Gfs has done a horrible job with precip over tx and with the precip in general with the upper low. It's done much better with the rain here. On the flip side, the nam did better with the upper low but has been horrible with the rain over the southeast. Pretty funny actually .

Btw, not sure if anyone mentioned this but the cold over mexico this morning has been absolutely amazing. Below ZERO temps in northern mexico this morning, with subfreezing 850s last night almost as far south as the southern tip of baha. Even though there are higher elevations there that is still Unbelievable cold there.

Meanwhile, it doesn't get much worse here. Been 32.5 to 33 most of the night with the rain. Been a pocket of colder surface air that moved in from the southern upstate to around here that pushed temps closed to freezing. In fact, lexington..south of here, reported 32 for a while. Currently 33.1. Yummy.

. Radar estimates have been a bit on the high side, about 0.55 here despite radar showing close to an inch. Must still be some elevated sleet pockets or melting snow a few thousand feet up because those oranges and reds aren't as heavy as advertised.

Here was the temps at 12z this morning. For mexico, amazing stuff

lmp_12_tmp.gif

'Ya think? I believe a Super Bowl is being played in Indianapolis next season and in NYC in 2014. Two "cold weather" cities.

Arthur Blank tried to get a superbowl in Atlanta about five years ago. He was no since they were steering away from cold weather cities. It was all over sports talk radio in Atlanta at the time. Since then they awarded it to the other cities. I guess having a new stadium nullifies the weather issues.

just got home to an interesting sight - still have freezing rain falling imby! its 31.8 and the roads, etc are wet, but about .10-15" ice on the trees, mailboxes etc. there was no ice about 200' lower in elevation :scooter:

I have the exact same situation here. I go to work which is about 5 miles from my house. drive up a ridge and at the very top there is ice in trees and bushes but just rain everywhere else. its about 200-300 ft elevation change. pretty fascinating to see.

I have the exact same situation here. I go to work which is about 5 miles from my house. drive up a ridge and at the very top there is ice in trees and bushes but just rain everywhere else. its about 200-300 ft elevation change. pretty fascinating to see.

yes it is - and makes this cold mostly rain a bit more bearable with some ice in the trees lol. checked the gauge and its 1" so far - so while i would have loved a winter storm, i will be happy with a little ice and not 1"....it gets too damaging at that amount. this was a real close call to say the least (esp when you check out radar and see how much more is left, another .50 or more and add that to an inch and those areas would be in deep doo doo if it had all be ice)

elevation is a great thing (i just wish i had more of it lol)

I see RAH is stealing away our rain totals again :thumbsdown:

<snip>

THERE WILL BE A CONSIDERABLE REDUCTION IN QPF INLAND WITH

THE BULK OF THE WAA...ESSENTIALLY THE MAIN FORCING MECHANISM...

REMAINING ALONG THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST.

THERE WILL THEN BE A NOTICEABLE DROP OFF/LULL IN PRECIP AFTER

06Z...AS THE 850 WAVE MOVES OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST

WITH MID/UPPER LEVEL DRYING SPREADING IN FROM THE WEST... WITH

PRECIP BECOMING CHARACTERIZED AS DRIZZLE. WHILE CATEGORICAL POPS

WILL STILL BE IN ORDER...WILL REDUCE QPF AMOUNTS OVERNIGHT...

ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE WESTERN HALF OF THE FORECAST AREA...CUTTING

AMOUNTS BY NEARLY HALF. RAINFALL TOTALS OF A QUARTER IN THE

NORTHWEST...AROUND A HALF INCH ACROSS CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA TO

AROUND AN INCH IN THE EAST.

yes it is - and makes this cold mostly rain a bit more bearable with some ice in the trees lol. checked the gauge and its 1" so far - so while i would have loved a winter storm, i will be happy with a little ice and not 1"....it gets too damaging at that amount. this was a real close call to say the least (esp when you check out radar and see how much more is left, another .50 or more and add that to an inch and those areas would be in deep doo doo if it had all be ice)

elevation is a great thing (i just wish i had more of it lol)

I have mountains around me a good 800ft higher than me, I wonder if its been bad up there or not? either way your exactly right about how bad it would have been had the temperatures been slightly lower.

Archived