12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd. Nothing here off of HWY 49 in Asheboro. :thumbsdown:

Same back over this way.

Looks like Gadison AL and points west have stayed all frozen (prob sleet) for quite a while. Atleast since Ive been monitoring the precip type radar I use for the past couple of hours. Its fairly accurate so Im betting their is some decent accum out that way beyond the dustings everyone else to their east has reported this evening.

I got home a while back and we had about .25" of sleet and slush on the deck. Everything is glazed pretty good. The trees are real pretty in the street lights and I could see some ice on the powerlines. I measured .25" in the bucket so far and it was 31.6 degrees.

I got home a while back and we had about .25" of sleet and slush on the deck. Everything is glazed pretty good. The trees are real pretty in the street lights and I could see some ice on the powerlines. I measured .25" in the bucket so far and it was 31.6 degrees.

Dang E. Keep an eye on things. You just might end up with a 1/2" of ice? Just throwing that out there. I can see your obs under your name and you are sitting at 31 deg. What elevation is your location?

Sleet/Snow here: Didnt expect this, but judging by radar backs up the 4:00 am time frame for heavier precip to move in.

NCZ021-022-038-039-041100-

/O.NEW.KRAH.WW.Y.0004.110204T0900Z-110204T1700Z/

FORSYTH-GUILFORD-DAVIDSON-RANDOLPH-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WINSTON-SALEM...GREENSBORO...

HIGH POINT...LEXINGTON...ASHEBORO

950 PM EST THU FEB 3 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO NOON EST

FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN EFFECT

FROM 4 AM TO NOON EST FRIDAY.

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED: THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT COUNTIES INCLUDING

THE CITIES OF WINSTON-SALEM...GREENSBORO...ASHEBORO AND

LEXINGTON.

* PRECIPITATION TYPES: SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN

* ACCUMULATION: A SLIGHT GLAZE MAY OCCUR ON ELEVATED SURFACES WITH

DUSTING OF SLEET POSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS.

* TIMING: WHILE SPOTS OF SLEET MAY OCCUR PRIOR TO 4 AM...BULK OF

PRECIPITATION WILL OCCUR BETWEEN 4 AM AND 10 AM...THEN

TRANSITION TO RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER 10 AM.

* IMPACTS: A FEW SLICK SPOTS WILL LIKELY DEVELOP ON AREA

ROADWAYS...MAINLY ON ELEVATED ROADWAYS SUCH AS BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

* TEMPERATURES: TEMPERATURES WILL HOVER NEAR FREEZING THEN WARM

ABOVE FREEZING BY MID DAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF WINTRY

PRECIPITATION WILL CAUSE SOME TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR

A SCATTERED SLICK SPOTS...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Use this radar. You can see the heavy precip really advancing north. Also notice on it how places in north GA around Rome are getting frozen colored echoes that previously had switched over to rain. Im thinking any elevations above 1500 feet in North GA/SC and espeacilly sw NC mtns can have a 3-5 hour window to coat the ground if the precip can hurry up and get back in here strong, which I beleive it will over these areas by 1:00 am . Just my 2 cents

http://hp3.wright-weather.com/cgi-bin2/loopradar.cgi?type=mosaic%2FNC_mosaic-&type2=20

I just put the dog out and did one last check. Stil 31.6 with light zr. Theres not a ton of ice but some of the bushes are agging a bit. There is definately more ice than the December storm. I just wish it would hang around until daylight so I could get some pictures.

I just put the dog out and did one last check. Stil 31.6 with light zr. Theres not a ton of ice but some of the bushes are agging a bit. There is definately more ice than the December storm. I just wish it would hang around until daylight so I could get some pictures.

Up to 32F. We did alright with 3/4 inch of snow and about 1/4 of sleet but this stuff was wet which accounted for the huge flakes. There is a good glaze but it's melting. Nice little event though. A few years ago, this would have been the highlight of winter.

Archived