12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Brad Panovich on WCNC tonight say that he wouldn't be surprised if this was upgraded to an ice storm warning for the NW piedmont and foothill counties of NC. His in-house model put the 0.25+ inch zone over all of Caldwell and Burke counties. Hickory was right on the edge of that gradient.

I saw that. It's pretty safe to say though, that the escarpment over western caldwell/burke will see some pretty good ice. Those areas don't need much shallow cold air to see ice.

So FFC puts me in a WWA but they have my low tonight at 33. I'm at 31.8 with more room to go with wetbulbing. I have what I would call a dusting of sleet. There was some freezing rain mixing in when I left. Send that snow south Dixie. You might already have but I'm in Acworth now.

Looks like light virga has moved over Raleigh and heavier virga is about to move into the Triad. It is tempting for me to want to head back home to High Point tonight (I only have classes Mon-Thurs) to see the potential surprise in whatever form it may be (or maybe no surprise at all).

GSO's wet bulb is 29 right now. Raleigh's is 31.

awesome Greg, I hope they can make it over here.

Kevin,

I left work at about 10 til 5pm and it was all snow in Ball Ground by the Cherokee County Airport. By the time I got down to exit 20, it was mixed all the way to Cartersville. I picked up my daughter around 540 from Adairsville High (Love soccer practice in the snow!) and the flakes were small. The car already is covered so hopefully it is making progress in your direction. Temp has dropped another degree and is now 30f.

And just earlier this week, you were complaining that you get 33 and rain most of the time :) . Congrats. Hope a little something can make it over to my area.

yeah, i feel sort of sheepish :whistle: lol

i suppose its all relative. when you are in the frozen zone its all good, when its in the 33 and rain zone you remember them bitterly lmao

yeah, i feel sort of sheepish :whistle: lol

i suppose its all relative. when you are in the frozen zone its all good, when its in the 33 and rain zone you remember them bitterly lmao

Trust me, I'll remember this one. What makes it even worse is I have to take a trip to gainesville this week and I thought about going today/tonight. Instead I decided I would stay here and go tomorrow so I could watch this because I thought i stood a decent chance of getting something. That my friends makes this doubly awful. :axe: :axe:

Archived