12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing here yet. I'm reading all the reports to my east, south and west, of course this is the triangle, the other Triangle of NC :axe: The mountains really play a number on precip and temps around here. Still think eventually we'll get a little sleet though.

Robert,

Go back out and look. When I read Jerms report, I went back out to check and it is sleet and snow mix. Coming down light attm. :whistle:

The funny thing is that the radar shows us in rain, but its probably because there is more rain mixed in? Strange system to say the least...

Complete white out here. Very heavy snow ground is covered

You make me optimistic that we can get the band you are under up here... seems like a very strong forced band that is squeezing every so slightly further north.

Temp Continues to drop... wetbulb crashing as well.

Temp: 35.3 degrees

Dewpoint: 18.5 degrees

Wetbulb: 29.8 degrees

Damn Greg! looks good!

I haven't been able to follow Lookout's outlook too much this week so I apologize to him that this was a surprise but I have had a ton going on with work on my 18 year old (who is now up for adoption...LOL!). Looks to be mixing with sleet now though. Good stuff with more opportunities later this week.

You make me optimistic that we can get the band you are under up here... seems like a very strong forced band that is squeezing every so slightly further north.

Temp Continues to drop... wetbulb crashing as well.

Temp: 35.3 degrees

Dewpoint: 18.5 degrees

Wetbulb: 29.8 degrees

It sure does look like it's struggling to come north.

It sure does look like it's struggling to come north.

Yea... it appears though that its a very tight band... since NEGa just reported that the snow stopped there. I'm thinking it won't quite make it this far north unfortunately.

Its really coming down hard.

Nice! Keep us updated... looks like you could easily pick up a quick inch.

I haven't been able to follow Lookout's outlook too much this week so I apologize to him that this was a surprise but I have had a ton going on with work on my 18 year old (who is now up for adoption...LOL!). Looks to be mixing with sleet now though. Good stuff with more opportunities later this week.

same here. this is THE place to go if you want to know what is happening.

Robert,

Go back out and look. When I read Jerms report, I went back out to check and it is sleet and snow mix. Coming down light attm. :whistle:

The funny thing is that the radar shows us in rain, but its probably because there is more rain mixed in? Strange system to say the least...

still not a drop or a pellet of anything. Amazing how many times CLT Gastonia Asheville and GSP have had precip while its last to fill in right over this area. Hickory will see precip before I do.:arrowhead:

Archived