12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, I'll remember this one. What makes it even worse is I have to take a trip to gainesville this week and I thought about going today/tonight. Instead I decided I would stay here and go tomorrow so I could watch this because I thought i stood a decent chance of getting something. That my friends makes this doubly awful. :axe: :axe:

You still got me be several inches...in snow...LOL

I think my favorite part is seeing it fall anyway, gives me a warm fuzzy :guitar:

Trust me, I'll remember this one. What makes it even worse is I have to take a trip to gainesville this week and I thought about going today/tonight. Instead I decided I would stay here and go tomorrow so I could watch this because I thought i stood a decent chance of getting something. That my friends makes this doubly awful. :axe: :axe:

:yikes:

oh so close on the temp, down to 32.5 and there doesnt appear to be anything falling at the moment (i noticed the snow stopped and thought it went to sleet. instead it stopped lol)

You did an unbelievable job staying on top of this one BTW! I never really bought into much due to the fact it's hard as hell to scour out warm air here, but this one is definitely different.

It would be nice to see the moisture make it up this way. Despite thick clouds the temperature is already down to 32.4 with a dew point of 15.8 The forecast was for a high of 44 today, but it only reached 37.2.

I think we are going to be in for a pretty good ICEING, Maybe a little snow/sleet to kick it off :thumbsup:

WB- 28

I think we are going to be in for a pretty good ICEING, Maybe a little snow/sleet to kick it off :thumbsup:

WB- 28

I'm afraid it's going to be painful watching the radar tonight as it will take some time before the atmosphere is completely saturated. However; as long as it starts before daybreak I think we will lock temperatures in below freezing for several hours tomorrow so I would say at least some icing is likely.

Wow look at the radar over top of me! We've got wintry mix to the north! We've got rain to the south! I'm stuck in between hearing about all the fun you guys are having....

On a side note, it's interesting how far East the southern rain shield is coming in... Just from the looks of it... the 1.5 to 2" of rain I forecasted for tomorrow could be in serious jeopardy... unsure.gif

I am reporting from inside the red curtain of Burgers Triangle of snowless hell...DA NADA falling right now. Temp is 38 and a wetbulb of 31.7. Radar shows rain virga over me. Looks like this area will most likely miss out, with the exception of some token front end IP.

:weight_lift:

Nothing but beautiful cloudy skies. :arrowhead: Funny how it snows in Oconee and Charlotte but not in between. :axe:

nothing here yet. I'm reading all the reports to my east, south and west, of course this is the triangle, the other Triangle of NC :axe: The mountains really play a number on precip and temps around here. Still think eventually we'll get a little sleet though.

Archived