e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to underscore how badly this was modeled. If one were to take a cursory look at just the panel, no way would one think that the areas getting snow/sleet at 00z would have had a chance. I'd be quite worried if mby where N-NW of Atlanta, and particularly Alabama north of I-20 where serious ice accumulations are looking more and more likely overnight imho.

gfs_ten_006s.gif

Nothing here bro.... :) But I like the banding about to come into the county. sitting at 39...

still not a drop or a pellet of anything. Amazing how many times CLT Gastonia Asheville and GSP have had precip while its last to fill in right over this area. Hickory will see precip before I do.:arrowhead:

Just to underscore how badly this was modeled. If one were to take a cursory look at just the panel, no way would one think that the areas getting snow/sleet at 00z would have had a chance. I'd be quite worried if mby where N-NW of Atlanta, and particularly Alabama north of I-20 where serious ice accumulations are looking more and more likely overnight imho.

I've been wondering if this was still on the table. I will be keeping an eye on it tonight.

Nothing here bro.... :) But I like the banding about to come into the county. sitting at 39...

Surely you'll see some flakes Mark?? It's gonna help me sleep easier and not worry about north trends on the models tonight.

Light rain here now and temp crept back up to 35.8° so she's pretty much over.

Yea... it appears though that its a very tight band... since NEGa just reported that the snow stopped there. I'm thinking it won't quite make it this far north unfortunately.

Nice! Keep us updated... looks like you could easily pick up a quick inch.

mix of sleet/rain temp is 32.1

when the precip started again it was the mix - snow is over but was nice while it lasted and whitened the ground. dixie - great pics! you may have hit the ga jackpot this evening :scooter:

I know how you feel. I wonder how Henderson County is doing, since it looks like they have some pretty heavy echoes over their county. The KAVL ASOS still is overcast.

Looks like I am on the wrong side of Asheville for this one. :arrowhead: Primed for some winter weather but not enough moisture up this way. Congrats to those who are getting it!

Weaverville obs: Temp. 34.1 DP 21.3 WB 29.84

Heavy band of sleet rolling through. The car and rooftops are turning white. Starting to see some snow mix in (bigger flakes). Almost all IP and sn atttm. Hope we can get a good dusting before the changeover. I will say this could not have started at a better time, with temps being so borderline...

Archived