12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3-6 Observations

Rankin5150

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:arrowhead: It sounds like a spring time cold front is rolling through right now. Just imagine if it was a few degrees colder:

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC 415 AM EST SAT FEB 5 2011SCZ006-007-010-050945-ANDERSON-GREATER GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-415 AM EST SAT FEB 5 2011..

A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT CENTRAL GREENVILLE...CENTRAL SPARTANBURG AND NORTHEASTERN ANDERSON COUNTIES THROUGH 445 AM EST...

AT 409 AM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A STRONG THUNDERSTORM 6 MILES WEST OF PIEDMONT...OR 12 MILES NORTHEASTOF ANDERSON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 70 MPH. :blink: THIS STORM WILL BE NEAR... DONALDSON CENTER... SHOPS AT GREENRIDGE... PELHAM ROAD AT I-85... DUNCAN... SPARTANBURG... BOILING SPRINGS SC...PEA SIZE HAIL...AND WIND GUSTS OF 30 TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED WITH THIS STORM.

I've got extremely heavy rain and a round of thunder moving through here....woke me up. This makes 2 good thunderstorms lately, which equals my Summer thunderstorms from last Summer now. One more and I'll have had more thunderstorms this Winter than I did last Summer.

Seems like we can blame this unexpected round of showers and thunderstorms on a stronger than expected 700mb low. There is still a lot of lift going on with dry air aloft, which is allowing for some convective instability across the Carolinas. Could be an interesting morning.

1zdnejb.png

Seems like we can blame this unexpected round of showers and thunderstorms on a stronger than expected 700mb low. There is still a lot of lift going on with dry air aloft, which is allowing for some convective instability across the Carolinas. Could be an interesting morning.

Yep just woke up to check out the euro from last night and lightning and thunder outside...means we are getting snow for sure next week! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

No thunder here but certainly some heavy downpours this morning. Don't have a gauge on hand to give an exact amount.

Hey Jeremy, I just use the weather watcher live extension of course I use Chrome...but anyways you just pick a local weather bug station and it has a ton of options when you hover over it, here is a screenshot of mine.

post-119-0-56135500-1296911296.jpg

Hey Jeremy, I just use the weather watcher live extension of course I use Chrome...but anyways you just pick a local weather bug station and it has a ton of options when you hover over it, here is a screenshot of mine.

post-119-0-56135500-1296911296.jpg

Ahh very cool not a bad idea. Our AWOS doesn't report precip (which sucks) so that might be useful! I am tempted to spring for a Davis rain bucket and say here this one is on me! Come on! ;).

1.47in in the COCORAHS gauge this morning. Gives me 1.59in storm total and 2.29 for the month. That is well over what I had for the entire month of January.

I just got 1.72" in mine. Best rain event since August 5th here!

added to the .83" from a few days ago and I'm up to 2.55", and that already beats Dec and January combined.

1.91" total this morning (just drizzle now). cool that some had storms last night!

the good thunderstorms this morning topped it off nicely.

1.91" total this morning (just drizzle now). cool that some had storms last night!

2.10 inches here. Also had some storms last night..in fact one lightning strike was damn close and scared the crap out of me lol. It really helped out the totals too because for that, I had only about 1.25. So a little bit surprising. Sure was a long duration rain event..I had over 30 hours of continuous rain. That is pretty remarkable.

Good thing I guess it wasn't colder because it would have been one hell of an icestorm.

2.10 inches here. Also had some storms last night..in fact one lightning strike was damn close and scared the crap out of me lol. It really helped out the totals too because for that, I had only about 1.25. So a little bit surprising. Sure was a long duration rain event..I had over 30 hours of continuous rain. That is pretty remarkable.

Good thing I guess it wasn't colder because it would have been one hell of an icestorm.

i wasnt too happy when it warmed up late yesterday afternoon and the ice melted...then when i saw the total this morning and realized how much ice we would have had, i quickly changed my mind on the melting lol. 1.5" or more of solid ice would not really be a pleasant experience, esp for the after effects

Archived