Newest Member
    northernriwx
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VII

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it depends on who you listen too!

Joke that the State of MA gave all employees the day off, joke that so many schools south of Boston are closed for a rain shower. This is not good for the local economy and the round the clock media coverage of a guy standing in a snow bank is getting silly.

Why in the world ar Plymouth schools closed today? Most TV Mets had an 1 or 2" of snow TOPS for this area and then plain rain. JOKE!

So much hype.

Best night of the week? Several places to choose from. Should be fun.

Doesn't matter to me really, Wed Thurs Fri all work.

Yeah, I can see that for your area - they shouldn't have pulled the trigger so early.

I was thinking the same for here but we're actually ripping again and with 4-5" on the side streets it would have been bad for the bus drivers.

It's different from the Pike north where there was legitimate uncertainty. South of there it seemed pretty well destined to be a quick hitter east of the RI border.

Some you know what mixing in.

Ugliest looking radar of the year...even worse than the Boxing Day storm. No wonder the flakes are pitiful and sleet is mixing in...we can't sustain any decent dynamics.

Yeah, it's been like that for 24 hours in a lot of areas.

I hope you guys up north get into it, radar doesn't look very promising aside of SW ME and eastern NH.

surprised....great snow growth up here and ripping. I'd guess your snow growth will improve when the secondary gets going.

Yeah, better flakes mixing in right now. Hopefully we can fight it off as heavier echoes move through at a more sustained pace.

Seems like it doesn't matter how far north you are, once the dynamics shut off everything goes to hell. Didn't think we'd have a shredded radar looking at the models last night.

This is what I said days ago :whistle: Knew I'd sleet here, didn't think zr...no signs of that yet. Hopefully our regionwide intensities pickup some because it's definitely snowing nice here now, again.

Seems like it doesn't matter how far north you are, once the dynamics shut off everything goes to hell. Didn't think we'd have a shredded radar looking at the models last night.

Some of the RUC runs had it pretty well, others not so much but there were strong hints that the best was moving out by 8am.

Also in retrospect, that HRRR snow map was not terrible for SNE last night.

Expectations were set very high. There was some serious hype leading up to this event and I'm disappointed too.

WEll this event certainly did deserve the hype b/c of the potential issues it would cause...between yesterday and today we've already seen about 10 roof/partial structure collapses and wouldn't surprised to hear several more as the day goes on.

As far for the 18-24'' amounts sure that was probably a bit too extreme but for people who have the luxury of following this form many mets and members stressed those totals were quite unlikely and highlighted their reasons why they thought so.

Archived