ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3" NEW

11.5" event total

20.1\18

S

Those weenie products that have 850-500 RH had one three hour period with good RH and they were right. Soundings also had KBED about 1 hr behind BOS for the IP change, so we'll see. SNPL now. You may be right with 4:" This qpf shield has really crapped out.

Those weenie products that have 850-500 RH had one three hour period with good RH and they were right. Soundings also had KBED about 1 hr behind BOS for the IP change, so we'll see. SNPL now. You may be right with 4:" This qpf shield has really crapped out.

Can't see how I'd get more......but I'm gonna make my 12".

Fwiw the red tagger with the random letters was right about the warm air being faster but it's not to that extreme. It just seems like many of the regular models are too cold. Has played out again this time where it's mixing a little faster than modeled. Doesn't mean a ton with a fast mover but a coastal passing close in a few weeks...food for thought.

The ruc at 10-15 hours is often better than anything else on temps this winter.

Anyone know what the record snow cover is for BDL, ORH, BOS and CON? May have a shot at breaking those records if this weekend's event is mostly snow (I'm thinking it's mostly snow north and west of BDL/ORH, but changing to ZR at BDL/ORH after a few hours of snow, and probably mainly rain for BOS).

Fwiw the red tagger with the random letters was right about the warm air being faster but it's not to that extreme. It just seems like many of the regular models are too cold. Has played out again this time where it's mixing a little faster than modeled. Doesn't mean a ton with a fast mover but a coastal passing close in a few weeks...food for thought.

That was a good point he made yesterday...

snow picking up again... still light, but a little closer to mod...

What was the bet again?

BOS would sleet by 9:30-10:30. I said later. Not official sleet yet but I just opened my back door and can confirm pellets. Beats rain by a huge margin. Humongous snow pack sealed. Glad I shoveled the 3 inches over night dropped and cleared the plow crap earlier this morning. gotta go.

I mentioned those layers that a warm high up (800mb or higher) always ruin the party. That was my concern, but the dryslot really raced in here. That will hurt nrn areas...not necessarily the warmth.

Archived