Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VII

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned those layers that a warm high up (800mb or higher) always ruin the party. That was my concern, but the dryslot really raced in here. That will hurt nrn areas...not necessarily the warmth.

It's been a strange 45 days. The 8h 0c line hasn't mattered a ton for snow vs not snow....been 750 to 800 most of the time. For the outputs that offer it the 1000-700 CT has been a very good tool. However it's playing out dynamics dont seem to have much of a say either.

BOS 8AM obs is nothing but 33. Seems the lift is gone for now.

One more good push of precip coming in which should seal the deal/dinner. I won't eat for a week beforehand, bring big big bills.

yep. amazing temp. gradient around parts of the area.

looking forward to the day 8 ENE special on the euro now. :lol:

How is the rest of this winter looking? When I see Bob talk about no blocking I think of BJ Thomas.

It is when your area was suppose to get 2 feet and not flip to sleet.

On the bright side, there is plenty of snow for snowmobiling and skiing out there with probably more over the weekend.

Well it depends on who you listen too!

Joke that the State of MA gave all employees the day off, joke that so many schools south of Boston are closed for a rain shower. This is not good for the local economy and the round the clock media coverage of a guy standing in a snow bank is getting silly.

Why in the world ar Plymouth schools closed today? Most TV Mets had an 1 or 2" of snow TOPS for this area and then plain rain. JOKE!

You pinged, Chris? Boy, that was close. Still all snow here. Back up to decent intensity with big honkin' flakes.

16.3/13

i think your area will really become the winner in snow pack retention and gain (compared with rest of SNE) by this time next week. you should score saturday and beyond....while to the se wet is a increasing possibility as climo eventually says .....3' snow pack on Coastal Plain.... nahhh.

It is when your area was suppose to get 2 feet and not flip to sleet.

On the bright side, there is plenty of snow for snowmobiling and skiing out there with probably more over the weekend.

I know there were some forecasts for two feet but it was clearly stated by many here that two feet was probably very unlikely, in this type of setup those totals are extremely difficult to get.

Some forecasts for my area had as much as 10-15'' but I was expecting no more than 8'' really.

It's been a strange 45 days. The 8h 0c line hasn't mattered a ton for snow vs not snow....been 750 to 800 most of the time. For the outputs that offer it the 1000-700 CT has been a very good tool. However it's playing out dynamics dont seem to have much of a say either.

One more good push of precip coming in which should seal the deal/dinner. I won't eat for a week beforehand, bring big big bills.

Best night of the week? Several places to choose from. Should be fun.

Joke that the State of MA gave all employees the day off, joke that so many schools south of Boston are closed for a rain shower. This is not good for the local economy and the round the clock media coverage of a guy standing in a snow bank is getting silly.

Why in the world ar Plymouth schools closed today? Most TV Mets had an 1 or 2" of snow TOPS for this area and then plain rain. JOKE!

Yeah, I can see that for your area - they shouldn't have pulled the trigger so early.

I was thinking the same for here but we're actually ripping again and with 4-5" on the side streets it would have been bad for the bus drivers.

Cleaned off deck 30 minutes ago.. just went out to check and it actually refroze over again.. Wish i had a reliable temperature, station 1-2 miles to my south is at 33.8.. My thermometer went crazy this morning, had us at 46 degrees which isn't right haha. So guess its safe to say still getting moderate freezing rain.

well there was plenty of Q's how far the warm nose would come up

and also plenty of questions to WHEN the coastal areas near boston would see 32F

so they played it safe. Plymouth schools could be cancelled because they thought temps at 9-10 am could still be below freezing. (so a 2hr delay wouldn't cut it). its really not that big of a deal or that bad of a decision thru this lens of perception. it's actually responsible . what do you say should just away from the water in plymouth if the LLC hung on thru 10 am ......how do you get the buses safely to pick kids up then back to school. i don't wannna role those dice

Archived