amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
New England Snow Totals To Date

Kevin W

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to work today and got the February total for KBOX.

February -- 11.2"

Seasonal total -- 67.3"

The 2010-11 season stands in 3rd place in our measly 15 year record (yeah, we JUST missed the big 1996-96 season, starting snow records in October 1996).

I have fixed the total on the SNE snow totals website that KevInMA started.

--Turtle ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the recent storm is mostly complete, I updated the running snowfall total for my reporting location in the chart. While this season’s snowfall is running 6.9” behind where ’07-’08 was on this date, one could argue that reaching 200” of snowfall again is not entirely out of the question. Average snowfall from this point on is 10.2 inches according to my records, and that would get the snowfall pretty close to the 200” mark. I’ve added in the monthly breakdown chart below; if the November ’10 snowfall had been even close to what was seen in the ’07-’08 and ’08-‘09 La Niña Novembers, this season would have already cruised well past the 200” mark, but every season is different, and that’s part of what makes following the snowfall so intriguing.

1011monthlysnowfall.jpg

With 6" overnight at 3,000ft on Mansfield... seasonal snowfall is now at 301" since November 1st. It is 335" if you count the 34" the Mansfield co-op recorded in October.

Snow depths are currently 68" at 3,000ft and 34" at 1,500ft. The co-op at 3,700ft had a snow depth of 90" at 4pm yesterday before the overnight snow.

I don't have the heart to update your total for you. I'd be lying.

Folks, I gotta tell you, I made a mistake by calling TheSnowman's total into question. I did so, earlier in this thread. Recently, we had a PM convo. I have since apologized for my calling him on it. I now believe his total.

Also, there are a lot of updates that have not been done by quite a few regulars here. Please do.

Folks, I gotta tell you, I made a mistake by calling TheSnowman's total into question. I did so, earlier in this thread. Recently, we had a PM convo. I have since apologized for my calling him on it. I now believe his total.

Also, there are a lot of updates that have not been done by quite a few regulars here. Please do.

He was estimating in many cases that I remember. If you are not around to measure, nothing you can do but estimate. Nothing wrong with that, but it is not very accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to work today and got the February total for KBOX.

February -- 11.2"

Seasonal total -- 67.3"

The 2010-11 season stands in 3rd place in our measly 15 year record (yeah, we JUST missed the big 1996-96 season, starting snow records in October 1996).

I have fixed the total on the SNE snow totals website that KevInMA started.

--Turtle ;)

Having grown up just north of ktan...95-96 smoked this yr but in smaller chunks.

Archived