joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Snow Totals To Date

Kevin W

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious—How much snow did you get from the post-Christmas storm—Dec. 26th? That one was really tough to measure...
I can't believe how close our snowfall measurements are to each other. To be less than an inch apart is amazing for accuracy purposes. My neighbor says he has measured 89. I had 10 inches after taking some various measurements..but agreed with the wind in that thing it was tough. Are you the Joey or Michael dude that always e-mails Ryan and Bob snow totals from town?

I can't believe how close our snowfall measurements are to each other. To be less than an inch apart is amazing for accuracy purposes. My neighbor says he has measured 89. I had 10 inches after taking some various measurements..but agreed with the wind in that thing it was tough. Are you the Joey or Michael dude that always e-mails Ryan and Bob snow totals from town?

Yeah, I'm Joey... I just started sending snow reports this year.

I agree, it's cool that our snowfall totals are so close, and hopefully we can continue adding to them in the coming weeks...

Yeah, I'm Joey... I just started sending snow reports this year. I agree, it's cool that our snowfall totals are so close, and hopefully we can continue adding to them in the coming weeks...
Ryan said there was someone named Joey from Tolland whose totals were always spot on with mine. He always used to accuse me of inflating..Now that we've got 3 of us from Tolland on here..he can't do that anymore.

Ryan said there was someone named Joey from Tolland whose totals were always spot on with mine. He always used to accuse me of inflating..Now that we've got 3 of us from Tolland on here..he can't do that anymore.

Hey, don't pick on Ryan, he's one of the best meteorologists out there!

Actually, Staffordville often seems to report the highest totals in this part of the state, and I live just a few minutes away from there...

Out of ~400 New England members, only 34 have posted their totals. (a lot have not been updated, either) I'd like to see more for a bigger picture. I'm also surprised a lot of the regulars, like Jerry, Will, Scott, Ekster etc. have declined. Still some winter left so we'll see how it goes.

34 is only a few less than the number of reports submitted using the boards system for that giant storm that affected a wide area back in January. Very few people look at our WRF. A pretty tiny percentage of the board has cared to add weather obs to their profiles. I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people here don't have much interest in special features, which is a shame because it kills my desire to develop anything else.

If the Scott you referenced above is me (too many scotts here), the reason I haven't submitted my total to you is because I lost my data file, so I have no idea. I think I'm about 12-15" less than what Brian has.

34 is only a few less than the number of reports submitted using the boards system for that giant storm that affected a wide area back in January. Very few people look at our WRF. A pretty tiny percentage of the board has cared to add weather obs to their profiles. I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people here don't have much interest in special features, which is a shame because it kills my desire to develop anything else.

If the Scott you referenced above is me (too many scotts here), the reason I haven't submitted my total to you is because I lost my data file, so I have no idea. I think I'm about 12-15" less that what Brian has.

I'm using the throwback WWBB skin and the weather obs are not utilized with it.

If the Scott you referenced above is me (too many scotts here), the reason I haven't submitted my total to you is because I lost my data file, so I have no idea. I think I'm about 12-15" less than what Brian has.

I think you're right.

I put you in at 70.35" tongue.gif

It was nice to see some updates when I checked it earlier.

Archived