• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Snow Totals To Date

Kevin W

Just add 15" to your seasonal, that's how you make your region stand out snowfalljackpot-wise.

I can see maybe 68", not 78".

Bedford, NH event by event

11/8/10: T

11/26/10: .3" zr

12/04-12/6/10: T

12/12/10: T

12/20/10: T

12/21/10: .3"

12/22 -12/23/10: 1.1"

12/26-12/27/10: 9.3"

1/7- 1/8/11: .8"

1/11- 1/12/11 18.4"

1/15: 1.1"

1/18/11: 8.0"

1/19/11: 1.2"

1/21/11: 7.5"

1/25/11: .5"

1/26/11: 5.5" ***

{2/1: 5.4"

2/2-2/3} 6.9" - TOTAL STORM: 12.3"

I put you in at 65.2.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I have 74, Cold Miser has 75 and he is a couple of miles from me. I can see Cumberland with 78

January 27, 2011

When school is closed due to too much snow, athletes like Woonsocket High's Jessie Charette lose a day of practice.

BY STEVE MAZZONE

[email protected]

There was eight to 12 inches of snowfall on Thursday morning. Last Friday, it was about a foot. And for the season, close to 45 inches have hit the region.

source

I've gotten 18" since that date, which brings the total very close to my 60.25. He did not get 3' since Jan 27.

well I have 74, Cold Miser has 75 and he is a couple of miles from me. I can see Cumberland with 78

He's 35 miles from you..and I'm pretty sure NE CT up through Worcester and NE has the most snow in the region aside from GC. I think he's around 70-72" to be honest. Attleboro has been in a relative screw zone so I'm pretty sure N. Cumberland has significantly more than them.

Newport has had around 32-38 inches from the southern tip to the north end. The other two towns that sit on Aquidneck Island here in the middle of Narragansett Bay (Middletown and Portsmouth) have had around 38-45 inches plus from south to north. And the coastal town of Narragansett immediately to the SW of Newport across the Bay has had 45 inches plus.

I try to be conservative with my measurements.

I've rounded my total down to 66" due to trying to measure tenths of inches in many storms. I'll also allow myself +/- 2" margin of error b/c of that.

Pretty good winter considering it is Feb 8th. Greenfield DPW said the average here is 54" so we are well ahead of that.

Bumpdity bump bump bump, lads and lassies this is a good idea for all to see.

There are quite a few who have not updated their total. I have tried to update as many as possible by checking the other thread and signatures. It has helped, but only a little.

IMBY in Essex Junction a bit NE of Burlington 96.6

Thanks.

Out of ~400 New England members, only 34 have posted their totals. (a lot have not been updated, either) I'd like to see more for a bigger picture. I'm also surprised a lot of the regulars, like Jerry, Will, Scott, Ekster etc. have declined. Still some winter left so we'll see how it goes.

Out of ~400 New England members, only 34 have posted their totals. (a lot have not been updated, either) I'd like to see more for a bigger picture. I'm also surprised a lot of the regulars, like Jerry, Will, Scott, Ekster etc. have declined. Still some winter left so we'll see how it goes.

Updated, thanks for putting this list together for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived