joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Snow Totals To Date

Kevin W

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great thread for those of us outside of your region who want to get a good idea of how much snow has fallen in New England this winter.

Congrats on having one heck of a 2010-11 winter season...well deserved after what happened last winter.

Thanks, John, but there comes a point where enough is enough. (for me anyway) The snowbanks/piles around here are here to stay.....for quite a while. They are not piles that will melt very quickly. Also, at some point, we're going to get some heavy rain. The price to pay will be heavy somewhere down the line.

Hi!

I'm not trying to compete with Bob, but we do keep snowfall records at our office on the north end of Taunton (right near the Norton line). We started in October 1996 (full climate records). As the crow flies, we're about 6 miles NNW of Bob, I believe. Not sure why we're a little lower than Bob. As the saying goes, it is what it is.

Anyway, please list this report as "WFO BOX" since I don't keep records at my condo. Thanks.

WFO BOX

Taunton

MA

--Turtle ;)

Hi!

I'm not trying to compete with Bob, but we do keep snowfall records at our office on the north end of Taunton (right near the Norton line). We started in October 1996 (full climate records). As the crow flies, we're about 6 miles NNW of Bob, I believe. Not sure why we're a little lower than Bob. As the saying goes, it is what it is.

Anyway, please list this report as "WFO BOX" since I don't keep records at my condo. Thanks.

WFO BOX

Taunton

MA

--Turtle ;)

I think I had a couple Dec events that clipped me more than you.

Excellent, thanks for doing that. I updated my total this morning and it worked perfectly. Thanks also for creating this table, it's very informative.

You're welcome. I like how informative it is as well. That's why I did this.

I was checking things over earlier this morning and I noticed your report wasn't there. I know I had it there, so I must have accidentally deleted it. I think I know what I did and all is well now.

On another note, about half of the reports so far have not been updated. I wish they would.

MOST SNOW ever threw February 3rd.

78.25"

North Cumberland, RI

Ok, after a couple of days of seeing the numbers, I call BS with your number, no offense. Of the top 4 people on the list, 3 live on mountains, and you live not far from me. Ray, who lives between me and you, and whose number I trust, has 76". Other than a slanted stick, how did you manage to get 78" vs my 60"? (I want this crap gone, by the way!)

Ok, after a couple of days of seeing the numbers, I call BS with your number, no offense. Of the top 4 people on the list, 3 live on mountains, and you live not far from me. Ray, who lives between me and you, and whose number I trust, has 76". Other than a slanted stick, how did you manage to get 78" vs my 60"? (I want this crap gone, by the way!)

Just add 15" to your seasonal, that's how you make your region stand out snowfalljackpot-wise.

Bedford, NH event by event

11/8/10: T

11/26/10: .3" zr

12/04-12/6/10: T

12/12/10: T

12/20/10: T

12/21/10: .3"

12/22 -12/23/10: 1.1"

12/26-12/27/10: 9.3"

1/7- 1/8/11: .8"

1/11- 1/12/11 18.4"

1/15: 1.1"