joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably near 30" or slightly higher on average. The range is anywhere from low 20s to near 40" depending on how sunny/exposed a location it is.

There were spots today when driving around that had about 40" on the ground but right near them on the same street would have 20-25". Since some of the storms had wind/drifting issues, it will be impossible to get a truly accurate average snow depth.

Here's the map I posted in the snow total thread this morning....I think its probably a bit too high in most places, but it does a decent job at showing where the max areas are.

I saw some pics from my parents in guilford and spoke to gibbs and what's amazing to me is that I have about 25" of depth and areas to the south of me like wallingford/meriden have picked up about 15" more of snow in the last 2 weeks which explains the obscene 3 ft snow depth there. That is most certainly the most since 1888.

I wonder if there will be a good mud season this year.......

Still a solid two foot average imby here in se spfd, lost only an inch or two since yesterday. would love to see a good hard freeze to solidify it a bit more or would really love to the see the clipper surprise us with two or three inches to freshen things up a tad..hey if this is a one in a lifetime winter..might as well go all out!!!

to be on par with much of ct and the ny metro area though we would need another 18-24 inch monster before we could be comparatively epic here in the spfd area...and i would say harftord would need another good eight to twelve incher to be in the southern ct/nyc metro camp, again comparatively speaking. Hfd only needs less bc they are up on spfd by a good foot for the season so far.. BDL always subtract twelve inches lol for this season until they fix it!!

Still a solid two foot average imby here in se spfd, lost only an inch or two since yesterday. would love to see a good hard freeze to solidify it a bit more or would really love to the see the clipper surprise us with two or three inches to freshen things up a tad..hey if this is a one in a lifetime winter..might as well go all out!!!

to be on par with much of ct and the ny metro area though we would need another 18-24 inch monster before we could be comparatively epic here in the spfd area...and i would say harftord would need another good eight to twelve incher to be in the southern ct/nyc metro camp, again comparatively speaking. Hfd only needs less bc they are up on spfd by a good foot for the season so far.. BDL always subtract twelve inches lol for this season until they fix it!!

Weren't you the guy saying the last storm would phail and it would be the start of the unravelling of the Winter?lol

I just went out to my parents house to dig them out some dog trails in the backyard for their terriers ,they are suffering from cabin fever.I took out the ole yardstick and I cant believe i have a solid 27 inches and that is the shortbeach area of Branford about 200 yards from the ocean.

I just went out to my parents house to dig them out some dog trails in the backyard for their terriers ,they are suffering from cabin fever.I took out the ole yardstick and I cant believe i have a solid 27 inches and that is the shortbeach area of Branford about 200 yards from the ocean.

That is by far the most impressive total of all of these given your location. This is the DC/ Baltimore winter of last year, but covering the State of CT from end to end. Maybe next year will be NH/ ME, but until then, all of us in SNE should be savoring every tenth of an inch of snow this season. Especially considering pretty much every storm is bringing at least 100 tenths of an inch per storm.

Archived