• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 2-4 Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

Loose the strung out energy heading back toward the south-west and you got your self a nice storm for the South-east and Southern - Mid-Atlantic. Only issue is how far the baroclinic boundary will get dragged south and east by the departing mid-west/Ohio valley storm mid week.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loose the strung out energy heading back toward the south-west and you got your self a nice storm for the South-east and Southern - Mid-Atlantic. Only issue is how far the baroclinic boundary will get dragged south and east by the departing mid-west/Ohio valley storm mid week.

Gonna be a wait until this upcoming storm system is out of the way to see what the Euro does with that energy. Hopefully this at least gives us in the south some substantial rain.

I'm starting to wonder how cold it will actually get. Two days ago, the 12z Euro had a record breaking massive outbreak. Yesterday's 12z Euro, though still very cold, wasn't as cold. Today's 12z Euro, though still quite cold, is not as cold as yesterday in the SE.

Two days ago, the 12z euro had KATL down all the way to an unbelievable -21c and 850's

at or colder than -10c for nearly 48 straight hours. Today's gets down only to -12c and is at -10c or colder for only 18 hours. Will this warmer trend continue?

I respect the Euro about as much as anyone here for it's overall performance. However, the runs referenced above are looking to verify as some of the worst ever for our area. Just 3.5 days ago, it had Katl staying below -10c at 850 for nearly 48 hrs. and down to a record tieing -21c around 2/3. Even just a measly 1.5 days ago, it still had atl down to -10c at 850 for 18 hrs and coldest to -12c. The last two runs get 850's no colder than +2c through the entire runs!

Snowman.gif or sun.gif late in the week,say thursday or friday ? AS OF 310 AM...EXTENDED RANGE GUIDANCE IN REASONABLY GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THEHANDLING OF THE STORY SYSTEM TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT BUTDIFFER IN THE HANDLING OF THE SOUTHERN STREAM LATE THURSDAY ANDFRIDAY.THE UPPER AIR PATTERN DURING THE EARLY PART OF THIS PERIOD CAN BECHARACTERIZED BY A SPLIT FLOW WITH ANOTHER PIECE OF ENERGY EJECTINGEAST ON TUE/WED OUT OF A LONG WAVE TROUGH OVER THE SOUTHERN ROCKIES.AT THE SAME TIME A LARGE ARCTIC HIGH WITH A SFC PRESSURE OF 1050 MBWILL CONTINUE TO SETTLE SOUTH ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS. ANIMPRESSIVE BAROCLINIC ZONE WILL CONTINUE TO STRETCH FROM WEST TOEAST ACROSS THE SOUTHERN U.S. AS A SFC LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPSIN THE LOWER MS VALLEY LATE TUESDAY. THE ONGOING CAD EVENT ACROSSTHE CAROLINAS WILL LIKELY CONTINUE ON TUES NIGHT AS THE SFC WAVESLOWLY DEEPENS AND MOVES NORTHEAST ON A TRACK NEAR BUT JUST WEST OFTHE APPALACHIANS REACHING E KY/OH BY 12Z WED. THE NEW 00Z/29 ECMWFIS NOTABLY FASTER THAN THE GFS WITH THE CANADIAN SLIGHTLY SLOWERTHAN THEN GFS. ISENTROPIC UPGLIDE PROGGED BY THE GFS INCREASESOVERNIGHT TUESDAY AND WILL INCLUDE HIGH END CHANCE POPS. EXPECT ARAW NIGHT WITH LOW TEMPS IN THE MID 30S TO AROUND 40 DEGREES.THE SFC LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST ACROSS THE UPPER OH VALLEY ON WED TONEAR THE NYC AREA BY 00Z THU. THIS TRACK SHOULD ALLOW THE WEDGEAIRMASS TO EVENTUALLY ERODE AS A SOUTHERLY FLOW DEVELOPS...WEDGEWILL LIKELY PERSIST WELL INTO WED ACROSS THE TRIAD REGION.ISENTROPIC LIFT FADES DURING WED MORNING AND THE MAIN FORCING FORASCENT ARRIVES DURING THE MIDDAY/AFTN HOURS FROM THE COLD FRONTMOVING EAST ACROSS THE CAROLINAS. WILL CONTINUE POPS AROUND 50PERCENT FOR WED. BOTH THE GFS/ECMWF WARM DEW POINTS INTO THE MID 50STO NEAR 60 ACROSS THE EASTERN PIEDMONT AND COASTAL PLAIN. BUFRSOUNDINGS SUGGEST LAPSE RATES WILL NOT BE VERY IMPRESSIVE DESPITE AWARM/MOIST SFC LAYER SO WILL OMIT MENTION OF THUNDER AT THIS POINT.HIGH TEMPS WILL RANGE DRAMATICALLY FROM THE UPPER 40S IN THERESIDUAL DAMMING REGION IN THE TRIAD TO AROUND 60 IN THESOUTHERN/CENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN.PRECIP CHANCES DIMINISH FROM WEST TO EAST ON WED NIGHT. PERFECTPROGGING THE LATEST ECMWF SUGGESTS THAT RAIN WILL BE OVER BY LATEAFTN WED. WILL TREND END TIME OF PRECIP UP A LITTLE BIT BUT PREFERNOT TO GET TOO CUTE WITH TIMING ON DAY 5 FCST. REGARDLESS COLDADVECTION ARRIVES BEHIND THE FRONT AND TEMPS DROP INTO THE LOWER TOMID 30S ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL NC BY THURS MORNING.DRIER AND SLIGHTLY BELOW SEASONABLE TEMPERATURES EXPECTED FOR THETHURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY PERIOD. AN ACTIVE SOUTHERN JET PERSISTSACROSS THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO AND JUST OFF THE SOUTHEAST COASTON THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY. AT THIS POINT JUST SOME PERIODS OFMID/HIGH CLOUDINESS IS EXPECTED...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE SOUTHERNTHIRD OF FORECAST AREA. -BLAES

+NAO plus PNA heading negative = :gun_bandana::weep::facepalm::cry:

Well...maybe we will get a shot later in Feb or early March....

Got to love it during prime climo time :gun_bandana:

We knew this was coming at some point though. All we can do is suck it up and get ready for cold rain in spring when the blocking returns. :whistle:

Got to love it during prime climo time :gun_bandana:

We knew this was coming at some point though. All we can do is suck it up and get ready for cold rain in spring when the blocking returns. :whistle:

Well lets hope we can get something to help fire some storms Wed sounds like we will have a decent airmass just nothing to set it off, hopefully the models will come around on the lapse rates either way I bet south winds are kickin in the east come Wed.

BOTH THE GFS/ECMWF WARM DEW POINTS INTO THE MID 50S

TO NEAR 60 ACROSS THE EASTERN PIEDMONT AND COASTAL PLAIN. BUFR

SOUNDINGS SUGGEST LAPSE RATES WILL NOT BE VERY IMPRESSIVE DESPITE A

WARM/MOIST SFC LAYER SO WILL OMIT MENTION OF THUNDER AT THIS POINT.

HIGH TEMPS WILL RANGE DRAMATICALLY FROM THE UPPER 40S IN THE

RESIDUAL DAMMING REGION IN THE TRIAD TO AROUND 60 IN THE

SOUTHERN/CENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN.

I will have whatever the 12z GFS is eating, double order please... Beaches get crushed, again. :arrowhead: Starting around 120hrs, the front stalls and the conveyer belt of moisture begins. SLP forms around 150hrs and is OTS by 168. Wish it had some support, the Euro is dry in this period, taking the front offshore and cutting a system inland around 204hrs. The GGEM also takes the front offshore, but it at-least has moisture off the coast, something the Euro did not. Looking at the 0z GFS ens members, that are several that show development along the front so it will be interesting to see if we can get a trend in that direction over the next couple days. That is a boat load of QPF along the coast on this run, 1.5"

Well lets hope we can get something to help fire some storms Wed sounds like we will have a decent airmass just nothing to set it off, hopefully the models will come around on the lapse rates either way I bet south winds are kickin in the east come Wed.

BOTH THE GFS/ECMWF WARM DEW POINTS INTO THE MID 50S

TO NEAR 60 ACROSS THE EASTERN PIEDMONT AND COASTAL PLAIN. BUFR

SOUNDINGS SUGGEST LAPSE RATES WILL NOT BE VERY IMPRESSIVE DESPITE A

WARM/MOIST SFC LAYER SO WILL OMIT MENTION OF THUNDER AT THIS POINT.

HIGH TEMPS WILL RANGE DRAMATICALLY FROM THE UPPER 40S IN THE

RESIDUAL DAMMING REGION IN THE TRIAD TO AROUND 60 IN THE

SOUTHERN/CENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN.

Yeah if it is going to be warm I'll take a solid severe threat for sure. I know early on (Nov/Dec) some of these events underperformed but Lakes Cutters can do that much at least. Sometimes they help reset the pattern for eventual winter weather as well. This was the case with both our big storms this year.

I find it strange that a HP that strong and cold wouldn't push cold air down into our area. Just seems a little odd. Can't argue with the models much at this time range. Oh well.

It will cause damming but it's likely not enough for NC. I think VA will likely see some ice mid week. The HP is centered too far west. It generally needs to be east of the Dakotas.

My Mom moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Joplin,MO last year. I think I might need to road trip out to see her! (haha) Looking better & better for her to see her first significant snow. I guess it's only fair that she gets a good one but, I sure like it the other way around.

My brother moved to Decatur IL a little over a year ago and he is looking prime also for this event also.:thumbsup::snowman:

Archived