• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 2-4 Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

La nina finally getting herself into the action. I think mr big dog is on the money with his outlook. Crappy spring this year, if you like a normal one.

I just read his disco since you mentioned it... What strikes me as interesting is "one of the great false springs in memory" for the SE. In typical JB fashion, he likes to throw the extreme tag on just about everything, however, that could imply a sig severe season for us in the SE as the cold collides with established warmth. This is inline with my thinking that we are in for a action packed Spring in terms of severe weather given past history with strong nina's waning in late winter, even though this one is not weakening as much as expected.

06z DGEX develops the trailing s/w after the lakes cutter passes and gives the south an pretty significant ice/snow storm.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/DGEXEAST_6z/dgexloop.html

Thanks for pointing that out, nothing like at 192 hr DGEX SN map to brighten the mood on an otherwise uneventful day.

eta.totsnow192.gif

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read his disco since you mentioned it... What strikes me as interesting is "one of the great false springs in memory" for the SE. In typical JB fashion, he likes to throw the extreme tag on just about everything, however, that could imply a sig severe season for us in the SE as the cold collides with established warmth. This is inline with my thinking that we are in for a action packed Spring in terms of severe weather given past history with strong nina's waning in late winter, even though this one is not weakening as much as expected.

Thanks for pointing that out, nothing like at 192 hr DGEX SN map to brighten the mood on an otherwise uneventful day.

eta.totsnow192.gif

Yeah, makes sense. Should be exciting in the severe wx dept., for sure!

I usually never pay any attn. to JB for obvious reasons but, he actually done good with this big dog. The writing is getting put on the wall as we speak.

06z DGEX develops the trailing s/w after the lakes cutter passes and gives the south a pretty significant ice/snow storm.

http://www.meteo.psu...z/dgexloop.html

IMO, that's the best chance we have at getting anything from this setup.

I believe the 0z gfs developed the same trailing s/w. It ended up being wide right but something to continue to look for.

NC and VA definitely need to watch out. It's not a done deal either way for those areas. DC mets last night all said that unlike the last storm, this will be a very prolonged event, perhaps lasting from Tuesday to Thursday, with waves of activity and different types of precip. For NC and VA, this could mean all sorts of fun and challenges for a prolonged period of time.

No sign of blocking, no sign of a GOA low, no shortage of Arctic highs, and no warm-up through 384 hours. Cold finds a way to hang on....at least on the GFS.

We may have something to watch around day 8 (yeah I know we always have something to watch 180 hrs out) if the front stalls over FL and just off the SE coast. Depending on what, if anything ejects out of the SW we could see development, but the s/w would have to come east, not north-east as this run shows. There may be svr weather in northern LA and the western half of MS on Tuesday, but other than that nothing of much consequence for the next week, except for some needed RN (fingers crossed) in the western Carolinas. This is actually a very good track for sig QPF in WNC if it holds.

The 12Z runs say we need to take a week off from this stuff. Lakes cutters for everyone! I bow to Cheez.

Thanks, I do not enjoy the Debbie Downer role though- I just try and keep my wishes out of the forecast.

I have started talking about the SW closed low the models show after the cutter in the General Feb. Thread. Believe or not, that one MAY have potential.

I read another Mets thoughts on up coming pattern and he says big changes on the way (early spring) for SE Mid late Feb. But cold comes back March and April for veggie killing !!!

I want mention his Big Dog name on here, For danger of being flamed. :P

He also said this past storm was an inland runner and said the next storm would be lakes cutter yesterday. He is 2 for 2 but not in our favor. Not good if he starts getting it rightthumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Thanks, I do not enjoy the Debbie Downer role though- I just try and keep my wishes out of the forecast.

I have started talking about the SW closed low the models show after the cutter in the General Feb. Thread. Believe or not, that one MAY have potential.

I agree with the potential on the south-west energy. That indeed does have some potential...

Somehow...the Nogaps has this come out and produce some snow for portions of the south-east toward the end of its 12z run... ;x :arrowhead:

Well, just hold that one off through the 10th as I'll be in Phoenix the 7th - the 10th! :)

Edit: Getting it in here before the 7th would be acceptable too.

Archived