• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 2-4 Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

I gotta believe with this upcoming Tuesday storm bombing out and dragging down the cold...we'll have enough high pressure in place late in the week to allow maybe some NW trend but nothing dramatic like we had with the previous storm.

GFS is definitely an interesting run tonight...

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the EURO had it. It was slower ejecting the H5 trough out of the southwest. Thus it was slower, further west, and much warmer (for us).

I know I'm going to regret saying this but here goes...Holding the energy back in the southwest is a bias the euro does have.

I know I'm going to regret saying this but here goes...Holding the energy back in the southwest is a bias the euro does have.

right...the problem is the GGEM/UK and JMA were all doing it too. We'll see what happens. If one, or more, of those other models trend toward the GFS tonight then we might be on to something. I'm staying up for the GGEM.

right...the problem is the GGEM/UK and JMA were all doing it too. We'll see what happens. If one, or more, of those other models trend toward the GFS tonight then we might be on to something. I'm staying up for the GGEM.

0z UKMET is starting to catch on, but we are still in the 144 hr range so expect lots of changes. It has a weak 1015mb'ish low off the SE coast, and a sw trough moving through E TX into LA.

UN144-21.GIF?30-05

The GGEM and GFS are worlds apart at h5 at 96 hours.

The GGEM pretty much sucks in this range. The GFS actually has better verification scores than it at this range overall, which isn't saying much. That's not to say we should discount its solution, but if we're going to poke fun at the GFS, then let's poke some fun at the GGEM, too! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The GGEM pretty much sucks in this range. The GFS actually has better verification scores than it at this range overall, which isn't saying much. That's not to say we should discount its solution, but if we're going to poke fun at the GFS, then let's poke some fun at the GGEM, too! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

lol, I'm down with that. However, the GGEM looks just like the 12Z Euro at h5 at that time (or very close).

Haha, looks like the snow triangle of win (should I make that term official?) is messing with your mind. ;)

Just when my sleep patterns were getting back to normal... thanks GFS.

Haha, looks like the snow triangle of win (should I make that term official?) is messing with your mind. ;)

Just when my sleep patterns were getting back to normal... thanks GFS.

At the range we're at, we get these verification stats.

500 mb:

cor_day6_HGT_P500_G2NHX_00Z.png

Surface:

cor_day6_HGT_P1000_G2NHX_00Z.png

Looks like the UKMet has been struggling lately and the GFS is actually giving the Euro a tough fight. Changed a lot since I last looked at them.

Almost Euro time! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anyone on here right now have access to it?

I do but I suck at pbp...Robert's here reading I see, maybe he can post something if he sees anything interesting. I can barely hold my eyes open right now so I might see something that isn't there...:lol:

Btw it's out to 54 hrs.

Here is a snippet from the afternoon AFD (Sat :1-29) from NWS-GSP regarding the long term (next Thurs-Sat timeframe:

TEMPERATURES FOR OUR AREA

FORECAST TO BE A FEW DEGREES BELOW NORMAL FROM DAYS 6 THROUGH NEW

DAY 7. THE ECMWF DEVELOPS A LOW OVER THE WESTERN GULF FRIDAY NIGHT

INTO EARLY SATURDAY AND MOVES IT TO THE CAROLINA COAST BY EARLY

SUNDAY. ALTHOUGH ECMWF IS THE PREFERRED TO THIS POINT...WOULD

RATHER HOLD OFF TO SEE IF OTHER MODELS JOINT IN ON THIS SOLUTION.

THE GFS DOES DEVELOP A LOW OVER SOUTHEAST TEXAS...BUT WAITS UNTIL

EARLY SUNDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE IS CENTERED OVER EASTERN NC AT 12Z

SUNDAY. CURRENTLY GOING FOR LOWS IN THE LAST PERIOD SATURDAY NIGHT

IN THE 20S...BUT ECMWF SHOWS A TIGHTER THICKNESS GRADIENT OF COURSE

WITH THE LOW PASSAGE TO OUR SOUTHEAST. WE WILL SEE IN UPCOMING

MODEL RUNS.

The timing looks better on the 0z euro...at hr 132 precip is in E. NC, most of SC and Ga....the euro looks a little warmer though. 850 line running across the Va/NC border....at hr 138 precip covering all of NC/SC/Ga. but 2m temps suck...the euro is a lot warmer than the gfs.

Archived