Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

BOARD UPGRADE   07/13/2016

As you have noticed, the board has been given a major upgrade.  There are still currently a lot of processes running in the background to complete the upgrade so expect some slow periods.  If you come across any errors, please feel free to post in the Forum Info forum to let us know.  IMPORTANT: YOU MUST LOGIN WITH YOUR DISPLAY NAME.  LOGIN NAMES ARE NO LONGER USED TO LOGIN. Thanks for your patience today!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H2O

March Obs/Disco Thread

609 posts in this topic

[quote name='MN Transplant' timestamp='1330892867' post='1427426']

The car is very warm, but the wind is fairly unpleasant.

44.9, winds gusting to 24
[/quote]

I'm wearing shorts, boat shoes with no socks, t-shirt, fleece. I have to do an errand about 4 blocks away. Maybe I will feel it then.

I've been getting light flurries most of the day, last couple hours had some brief heavier squalls with redcued visability. It's still melting on the ground, but I could see some starting to stick when the sun sets. Hovering around 35. No shorts here.

Had a short and very unexpected snow shower in Columbia around 4pm. Temp about 42-43F, but dewpoint near 20F. It's so dry, my kids and I were getting some wicked static shocks on the playground slide, so I'm amazed the snowflakes made it down to the surface.

I felt the warm sun on my face @ 8:30. Felt alot better than a 25 degree gust of wind. I hope the euro is right. Time to start working on the tan.

[quote name='Bob Chill' timestamp='1331132651' post='1432359']
I felt the warm sun on my face @ 8:30. Felt alot better than a 25 degree gust of wind. [b]I hope the euro is right.[/b] Time to start working on the tan.
[/quote]

Not just the Euro. The GFS is throwing out 70s for later next week, and +30F departures in the northern plains.

Working from home office. My house faces south so I opened some front windows. I love open air in the house. Been closed up for too long and it's literally a breath of fresh air. Dog has been sitting with his nose against the screen for the last hour making sense of the world around him. great day!

It's been this warm before this year, but today feels like the nicest day so far. Warm, glowing sun and a light breeze with temps in the mid 60s... a perfect fair-weather spring day.

looks like 68 for the high here. going out now that my work day is done to pull some weeds and begin raking the flower beds. yay spring!

[quote name='MN Transplant' timestamp='1331215830' post='1434058']
Mid 70s on both the Euro and GFS starting Tuesday.
[/quote]

Sounds about right. Just after the extra hour of sun. It's impressive that dst is programmed into the models temp output.

[quote name='MN Transplant' timestamp='1331215830' post='1434058']
Mid 70s on both the Euro and GFS starting Tuesday.
[/quote]

Most excellent.. I can't wait

[quote name='Bob Chill' timestamp='1331219686' post='1434196']
Sounds about right. Just after the extra hour of sun. It's impressive that dst is programmed into the models temp output.
[/quote]

wish we could set the clocks forward 2 hours...maybe it would be in the 80s...better yet, let's set it back before it rains and have a snowstorm.

If the GFS that I just looked at for about 20 seconds is right, we're gonna be mowing in March. Last year, I didn't mow until mid April.

I can't even come up with words to describe what a kick in the nuts this winter was. Start with 3 accumulating snows that missed me by less than 100 miles to my south and go from there.

[quote name='WinterWxLuvr' timestamp='1331223199' post='1434350']
If the GFS that I just looked at for about 20 seconds is right, we're gonna be mowing in March. Last year, I didn't mow until mid April.

I can't even come up with words to describe what a kick in the nuts this winter was. Start with 3 accumulating snows that missed me by less than 100 miles to my south and go from there.
[/quote]
A further south version of 2009-2010 without the north atlantic blocking and -AO?

[quote name='mapgirl' timestamp='1331230148' post='1434589']
Oh. My. Goodness. It is so beautiful outside. The breeze feels amazing.
[/quote]

The front to our west looks like it may hold off until around sunset. We could pop 70 in Baltimore / Carroll counties.

[quote name='Eskimo Joe' timestamp='1331230423' post='1434600']
The front to our west looks like it may hold off until around sunset. We could pop 70 in Baltimore / Carroll counties.
[/quote]

Ive got 72 downtown :sun:

But 68 at home