joxey
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RONALD B?

:lol:  He's much older than that  :P 

Apparently you are missing the part where he is only 16 years old. Yes, I find that impressive, as do many others.

I have watched several 10-16 yr olds grow up here(and other places) while learning about all aspects of weather. Most have graduated with a weather/atmospheric/hydrologists diploma. It's much easier today to do this....lol....back in the day when we had nothing more than the information from the library, a small section in the paper and what our local weatherman would show on tv, it was much harder to learn. BUT we did, because that's what we were interested in. I got my first weather station when I was 6 and started "forecasting" by the time I was 10.   :D    This isn't something special or unique in any way, shape or form. 

You beat me to it.   Unfortunately the climate in this area doesn't really call for winter weather, so the fact that this area has seen anything in the past few years is pretty fortunate.  I knew moving here from the northwest Atlanta burbs I was adding 10 degrees to my daily life.

It's more like 20 degrees here between the portals   :P 

who is getting bullied?

:ph34r:

But you can have Fall without falling, go figure.

Imagine that  :lol: 

Another amazing winter for the MA.  I guess this is is the new norm, 140-160% of climo every winter now for them.  I am going to move there....

Not sure they are done either, wouldn't be surprised if they pick up another 6-8" when the pattern flips back to the +PNA/-EPO they have been cleaning up on all winter.

post-2311-0-33131100-1425658152_thumb.pn

I don't really envy their winter weather. They aren't exactly known for big ones either. I do however envy their storms. I'd love to see the super cells they see out there vs the weak ass storms that always happen here after atlanta kills them.

nice example of the dreadful mountain induced  savannah river valley cold shield...which is unique to this area only.. Thank god there isn't any winter precip to get screwed out of.

RAP_255_2015030602_F00_TMPC_925_MB.png

This was in rare form last night.  We've seen this set up quite a bit this winter, but last night almost rediculous.

How in the world was there 18" more snow at Dulles than in DC ? Aren't they very close to each other ? Is that normal for Dulles to get nearly 20" more snow ?

No for the first question yeah for the second. DC has one of those Waycross heat effect things. Not the strength of Waycross's but still very evident.

How in the world was there 18" more snow at Dulles than in DC ? Aren't they very close to each other ? Is that normal for Dulles to get nearly 20" more snow ?

Sams as GSO v/s RDU. GSO has had twice as much snow the past several years. Dulles is about 20-25 miles west of DCA.

I hear you. I hope brick took the proper precautions and is safe.

I made it home safe last night, no gridlock!

But I woke up today and saw the flizzard going on in GA. , and I was so scared it was coming up here and I would get stuck in the morning gridlock, I just decided not to go at all and let the roads clear!

The gridlock from the "drizzlefest" was annoying.

Yeah, people hear about drizzle and go nuts. I got a little sleet at the house last night. I was about to go to the store but didn't want to jam up the streets. Then, I almost slipped on a sleet and decided to play it safe and go back inside.

Yeah, people hear about drizzle and go nuts. I got a little sleet at the house last night. I was about to go to the store but didn't want to jam up the streets. Then, I almost slipped on a sleet and decided to play it safe and go back inside.

I hear ya! My deck was slick with water last night. The snowpile remnant was almost gone as well.

I'm seriously concerned for Brick. He may have traffic-jammed his snow-weenie.

I hear ya! My deck was slick with water last night. The snowpile remnant was almost gone as well.

I'm seriously concerned for Brick. He may have traffic-jammed his snow-weenie.

Lol! Brick doesn't come on here much when there's not much happening. He needs to be working on that jumper for when he and I take on Mack and Metallica, if they ever come up here.

DCA is located in a snow/heat hell in SE DC near the Naval Yard, IIRC. IAD is much further inland and colder.

Anyways, I just got in to CLT from GSO. Next stop is MIA, then Lima, and finally Cusco, Peru tomorrow morning.

Archived