joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sup Franklin? Youre gonna be disappointed in me today, but I'll fess up anyway. I had grilled chicken, butternut squash, and kale salad for dinner. But, but I was thinking about pizza and hush puppies and hamburgers and gravy even as I ate. So at least there's that.

not much, I had burger King. Wife just left earlier to head to Denver for a week for a conference. So I have a busy schedule with all the kids by myself. Gonna be alot of eating out the next week.

and yet you are just as far north as the northwest atl suburbs. I'm beginning to think that longitude is more important than latitude a lot of the time.

It is true I'm just as far north, but being only 300 feet above sea level down wind of the mountains makes a huge difference. The northwest burbs range from 900' around the hooch to 1400' on that ridge from Bremen through Paulding County. When you look at the average temperatures vs elevation, proximity to mtns and ocean, you general average the same temperatures from west georgia along I-20 turning northeast on I-85 all the way to Charlotte. The same can also be said for the fall line cities including CAE. Warm air always seems to advect north easily from the gulf up southeastern Georgia, the central and eastern Carolinas.

not much, I had burger King. Wife just left earlier to head to Denver for a week for a conference. So I have a busy schedule with all the kids by myself. Gonna be alot of eating out the next week.

Yeah that's definitely a recipe for a busy week. You have what, like 9 kids, right?

lucky you. I would love to live in a place like Dallas. Their weather seems so much more interesting than ours. I guess because they are in the middle of the country and can have wild swings in the weather.

It's nice living right beside a big city, but never having to go into it! Except for the airport and coliseum ! :)

lucky you. I would love to live in a place like Dallas. Their weather seems so much more interesting than ours. I guess because they are in the middle of the country and can have wild swings in the weather.

I don't really envy their winter weather. They aren't exactly known for big ones either. I do however envy their storms. I'd love to see the super cells they see out there vs the weak ass storms that always happen here after atlanta kills them.

nice example of the dreadful mountain induced  savannah river valley cold shield...which is unique to this area only.. Thank god there isn't any winter precip to get screwed out of.

RAP_255_2015030602_F00_TMPC_925_MB.png

I want to give a shout out to GAwx who was on the cold but just off by a month with his analog of 1939-1940.  Also a good shout out to JB I guess - delayed but not denied on his Fab Feb.....  But the flip to that is broken clocks are right twice a day (referring to JB)

Marietta, thanks. I guess it was sort of a delayed but not denied. Weak Nino's with a solid +PDO have often been memorable winters overall in the SE though they rarely have had such a solidly +NAO. So, for whatever reason, it waited til Feb. to shine though Jan had one very cold shot.

Yeah, I do think JB deserves kudos for Feb though he, indeed, has that broken clock image. If he would only predict warmth/lack of snowfall more often and then get those right. That's what would really help his record imo.

As far as GaWx goes, he did a good job overall. But his prediction of at least one major snow in atl certainly didn't come true. I'm sure he would admit that back in November he would have expected Atlanta to finish with more than a trace of snow and ice. All of that cold in Feb was a complete waste for the city of Atlanta.

snowstorm,

Thanks. Yes, indeed, I will end up busting on my prediction of at least one major ATL winter storm (not necessarily snow) assuming they don't get one this month. Regardless, I definitely thought there was going to be way more than a T of SN/IP/ZR at KATL in DJF. Also, if you had told me that FEB was going to be 7-8 F below normal for the ATL area and knowing this was a Nino, I would have thought the odds of measurable SN/IP/ZR in Feb. even down at KATL, itself, would have been very high. For ITP ATL, the Feb. wintry precip. really was disappointing, especially for near GaTech south for such a cold and also not dry month. It was really setting up to be a blockbuster wintry precip. month for all of the ATL area imo.

Archived