SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this winter has sucked down here for the most of us.  To add insult to injury, some of us are getting teased with the possibility of a few sleet pellets tomorrow evening.  If you want to gain some perspective, read the MA model thread for tomorrow's event. A full scale meltdown is in effect over there.  Snow deprivation breakdowns are universal.

I know this winter has sucked down here for the most of us. To add insult to injury, some of us are getting teased with the possibility of a few sleet pellets tomorrow evening. If you want to gain some perspective, read the MA model thread for tomorrow's event. A full scale meltdown is in effect over there. Snow deprivation breakdowns are universal.

Why are they in meltdown mode? Are they not getting as much snow as they thought?

Four extra minutes is an eternity when waiting in a car.

Sat 100 yards away from my neighborhood entrance today for an hour, behind a wreck that blocked both ways on our two lane road. Wouldn't have made sense to turn around and go around, the traffic was backe up for miles the other way. Police made me turn around after the hour, said they had to investigate and stuff!

Anyone else get caught up in the 40 east traffic this evening? Apparently someone got shot while driving in Morrisville near exit 284. Fkn road rage, such stupidity. Makes no sense. We are ALL trying to get somewhere alive and in 1 piece. I mean come on people...we only get to live 100 years in a universe that is 13.4 billion years old...it's nothing, nothing, our time here is so insignificant it's just nothing...why waste what little time we have on crap like this? Humans are such a strange species. Moronic.

Anyone else get caught up in the 40 east traffic this evening? Apparently someone got shot while driving in Morrisville near exit 284. Fkn road rage, such stupidity. Makes no sense. We are ALL trying to get somewhere alive and in 1 piece. I mean come on people...we only get to live 100 years in a universe that is 13.4 billion years old...it's nothing, nothing, our time here is so insignificant it's just nothing...why waste what little time we have on crap like this? Humans are such a strange species. Moronic.

The traffic backup was because of the shooting or was the shooting because of the backup?

Sat 100 yards away from my neighborhood entrance today for an hour, behind a wreck that blocked both ways on our two lane road. Wouldn't have made sense to turn around and go around, the traffic was backe up for miles the other way. Police made me turn around after the hour, said they had to investigate and stuff!

Jeez, what you just described is torture indeed. Especially when you can literally walk to your destination.

Traffic's bad enough without us shooting each other over it.

Wow Dallas got 3.4 inches of snow and is now over 5 inches for the season. That have had an epic last couple of weeks of winter even with the huge busts they had recently for snowstorms.

I was shocked to hear though that was the most snow they had seen in 5 years. I sure thought they had gotten more than that in the last 5 years.

I'll be glad when this damn system is over though. It feels like the entire country has or is experiencing an epic winter storm..hell earlier this morning it was snowing from dallas all the way to boston without a single break. That's a distance of around 1500 miles!   If you count the snow off the coast of new england it probably is around 2000 miles. That is just insane.  Yet there is zero chance of getting anything here and boy does it suck knowing that given how huge this system is.   

Oh wait..., i forgot north ga might see a bit of freezing drizzle or something late tonight/early friday morning. whoo hoo!! Oh wait again.., i'm not sure i could even get that since my location might not even get to freezing friday morning...which is just astonishing considering what is happening now and  the fact that you would be hard pressed to find a stronger front than this one in terms of temperature gradients and an instant drop in temperate of 5 to 10 degrees in a matter of minutes. But even that's Not enough to overcome the lee side cold shield.

It's a relief that,   short of some flukish upper low or something,  the chance of winter weather seems to be essentially over after this for most...so that i/we won't have to sit here and watch millions upon millions getting a major winter storm again this year.

I was shocked to hear though that was the most snow they had seen in 5 years. I sure thought they had gotten more than that in the last 5 years.

I'll be glad when this damn system is over though. It feels like the entire country has or is experiencing an epic winter storm..hell earlier this morning it was snowing from dallas all the way to boston without a single break. That's a distance of around 1500 miles! If you count the snow off the coast of new england it probably is around 2000 miles. That is just insane. Yet there is zero chance of getting anything here and boy does it suck knowing that given how huge this system is.

Oh wait..., i forgot north ga might see a bit of freezing drizzle or something late tonight/early friday morning. whoo hoo!! Oh wait again.., i'm not sure i could even get that since my location might not even get to freezing friday morning...which is just astonishing considering what is happening now and the fact that you would be hard pressed to find a stronger front than this one in terms of temperature gradients and an instant drop in temperate of 5 to 10 degrees in a matter of minutes. But even that's Not enough to overcome the lee side cold shield.

It's a relief that, short of some flukish upper low or something, the chance of winter weather seems to be essentially over after this for most...so that i/we won't have to sit here and watch millions upon millions getting a major winter storm again this year.

Cantore was saying this morning on his live shot, that he was seeing reports out of KY of snow 15-17" deep! Says he was debating on if he should go to KY or DC? And he's in DC, looks like he made the wrong call!

I'll be glad when this damn system is over though. It feels like the entire country has or is experiencing an epic winter storm..hell earlier this morning it was snowing from dallas all the way to boston without a single break. That's a distance of around 1500 miles!   If you count the snow off the coast of new england it probably is around 2000 miles. That is just insane.  Yet there is zero chance of getting anything here and boy does it suck knowing that given how huge this system is.   

Oh wait..., i forgot north ga might see a bit of freezing drizzle or something late tonight/early friday morning. whoo hoo!! Oh wait again.., i'm not sure i could even get that since my location might not even get to freezing friday morning...which is just astonishing considering what is happening now and  the fact that you would be hard pressed to find a stronger front than this one in terms of temperature gradients and an instant drop in temperate of 5 to 10 degrees in a matter of minutes. But even that's Not enough to overcome the lee side cold shield.

It's a relief that,   short of some flukish upper low or something,  the chance of winter weather seems to be essentially over after this for most...so that i/we won't have to sit here and watch millions upon millions getting a major winter storm again this year.

For the most part, I think many of us in GA & SC share your frustration.

Archived