SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Wolfpack play basketball is like watching rain, hoping it will turn to snow. Every now and then, you see a fat raindrop and think it has to snow soon, but it never does.

I can relate! The last storm, we were looking at 3-7". It started sleeting first, bout 35 min later, counted about 33 cotton ball size snowflakes mix in, and thought it was about to be on and popping! Only to go back to sleet, had 11 flakes mix in later, giving me a glimmer of hope, then back to all sleet and even just rain! Temp was 34 the whole time! It was heartbreaking, really!

I can relate! The last storm, we were looking at 3-7". It started sleeting first, bout 35 min later, counted about 33 cotton ball size snowflakes mix in, and thought it was about to be on and popping! Only to go back to sleet, had 11 flakes mix in later, giving me a glimmer of hope, then back to all sleet and even just rain! Temp was 34 the whole time! It was heartbreaking, really!

I know it. I was snowing and then it changed to sleet. All of a sudden the snow/sleet line zoomed southeast and it was snowing heavily. Then WRAL put me in the 8-10" zone. I was like 1999 yo! And then, boom. Sleet. Then boom. Rain. It was terrible.

My son is only 8, but he's 5' and about 80 lbs, maybe he can go in at point guard for the 2nd half and help y'all out???!

It would be hard to do much worse. It is hard, at the collegiate level to only accumulate 20 points in a half. I mean you gotta really put forth a special effort to accomplish such a spectacular feat.

It would be hard to do much worse. It is hard, at the collegiate level to only accumulate 20 points in a half. I mean you gotta really put forth a special effort to accomplish such a spectacular feat.

There was probably a single player on the other team that had that many points the first half! Maybe they can put Brick in!?

Language alert -- Further vs Farther: Further is to indicate degree, as in, "Do you have any further questions?" Or "I need to explore warm noses further." Farther, on the other hand, indicates distance. "The storm is farther offshore", for example. Or "I am farther south of the rain/snow line than the models indicated."

Language alert -- Further vs Farther: Further is to indicate degree, as in, "Do you have any further questions?" Or "I need to explore warm noses further." Farther, on the other hand, indicates distance. "The storm is farther offshore", for example. Or "I am farther south of the rain/snow line than the models indicated."

Thanks for the Schoolhouse Rock lesson of the day! Let's discuss this further in the ice threat thread, thanks!

While randomly looking at observations, I noticed Lexington, NC is reporting Heavy Drizzle as of 9:35pm. In fact, they reported Light Drizzle at 7:35. At 9:15, they were just reporting regular old boring "Drizzle".

I had no idea there were 3 different observations for drizzle. And I would have never guessed one of those was called heavy.  :tomato:

While randomly looking at observations, I noticed Lexington, NC is reporting Heavy Drizzle as of 9:35pm. In fact, they reported Light Drizzle at 7:35. At 9:15, they were just reporting regular old boring "Drizzle".

I had no idea there were 3 different observations for drizzle. And I would have never guessed one of those was called heavy. :tomato:

It's a very fine line between heavy drizzle and light rain! Farther down this way, we are at a toasty 45.5

It's a very fine line between heavy drizzle and light rain! Farther down this way, we are at a toasty 45.5

Only a matter of time before we hear of insane drizzle and pounding drizzle.

Thread Title

POSSIBLE EPIC DRIZZLE EVENT ON 10 DAY GFS.

Archived