joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don;t understand why a couple of people have to constantly be jerks and smart-asses on here.

People that are entertained by constantly belittling, bullying or cutting down others are extremely unhappy and have no self confidence. It's how they feel better about themselves. I pity them while flipping them off.

well on to the middle of the month storm if it is still showing, this one was or has been a dud around here like most of the winter, my c- is still in play and may have to go down instead of up depending on the weather the rest of the month.

People that are entertained by constantly belittling, bullying or cutting down others are extremely unhappy and have no self confidence. It's how they feel better about themselves. I pity them while flipping them off.

Do you get paid for playing a psychiatrist in an internet banter thread, or are you just donating your skill set? 

Fixed your post......

You beat me to it.   Unfortunately the climate in this area doesn't really call for winter weather, so the fact that this area has seen anything in the past few years is pretty fortunate.  I knew moving here from the northwest Atlanta burbs I was adding 10 degrees to my daily life.

You beat me to it.   Unfortunately the climate in this area doesn't really call for winter weather, so the fact that this area has seen anything in the past few years is pretty fortunate.  I knew moving here from the northwest Atlanta burbs I was adding 10 degrees to my daily life.

You moved to the pit of hell. Even after the front blasted through, the temps in parts of the area were stuck in the 60s while even Florence and Myrtle beach plunged from the 80s to the 40s in 1 hour.....

Heck, i was in the upper 40s last hour while KCAE was stuck at 64. :axe:  :ee:  :underthewx:

I think they might be trying to be funny, but after awhile it gets to be enough.

I thought there was an ignore option here. I'm on my phone and don't see one, but I was sure I had ignored some people on here last year. It made the forum much more enjoyable. I'll be blocking some more if I can when I get on my computer. You should do the same.

I thought there was an ignore option here. I'm on my phone and don't see one, but I was sure I had ignored some people on here last year. It made the forum much more enjoyable. I'll be blocking some more if I can when I get on my computer. You should do the same.

Yeah, I think there is an ignore feature. I don't know where it is though. I've never used it. I've heard tell it exists.

You beat me to it. Unfortunately the climate in this area doesn't really call for winter weather, so the fact that this area has seen anything in the past few years is pretty fortunate. I knew moving here from the northwest Atlanta burbs I was adding 10 degrees to my daily life.

and yet you are just as far north as the northwest atl suburbs. I'm beginning to think that longitude is more important than latitude a lot of the time.

who is getting bullied?

Sup Franklin? Youre gonna be disappointed in me today, but I'll fess up anyway. I had grilled chicken, butternut squash, and kale salad for dinner. But, but I was thinking about pizza and hush puppies and hamburgers and gravy even as I ate. So at least there's that.

There are way too many sensitive people these days! Society babies people and shields them from the real world and when they get out on their own and can't handle it! I saw this first hand when my son played basketball at the Y. He stole the ball from a kid, and they stopped the game and made him give the kid the ball back, let everyone have a chance they said! The same thing with "everyone" getting a trophy at the end of the season! Making the world full of pansies!! Everybody can't be good at everything! You have to find your niche, and go with it! Don't bring everybody down to the worst persons level, just let people do the best they can! And wth is up with this common core math!

Winter in Marietta was decent this season.  I'm not sure why all the complaining about ATL's winter from snowstorm and max100 (convinced they are related or the same poster).  If this year wasn't enough snow for you then move. All those two do is complain about everything so it's best to just ignore what they say because 10 times out of 10 its negative and bitchy.  Their F's for the winter don't match up with other posters in their area so they should be tossed as outliers.

I had three separate events and saw snow on all three occasions.  Lots of sleet this season as well.  10 miles north of here they went way over the seasonal average with a good 3" in Canton and 6" in Emerson. Snow on or south of I-20 is not common, don't expect it every year.  Having a realistic opinion of what winter should be like in these areas will help with disappointment,  I guess it takes a grown up t understand these nuances.

I want to give a shout out to GAwx who was on the cold but just off by a month with his analog of 1939-1940.  Also a good shout out to JB I guess - delayed but not denied on his Fab Feb.....  But the flip to that is broken clocks are right twice a day (referring to JB)

Marietta, the reason why I've complained is because I saw no snow or sleet on the ground imby. Sure we had some flakes and sleet pellets fall out of the sky but that's it. So I do believe I have a right to complain since areas further south and west than me got snow and I didn't. I don't think anyone ITP and points south gave this winter a grade any better than a D. The only people in GA who gave this winter a Decent grade were folks in Cobb, north Fulton and points north.

And please stop with this snow is not common south of I-20 crap. I May be south of I-20 but I average close to the same amount of snowfall you do. I average 2", you probably average 2.3". Big deal. There is not a big difference in climate between the airport and Marietta. Its like 25 miles for God sakes And the elevation is close to the same. Its not like snow is common in Cobb county and once you go south of I-20 it becomes a rarity. Btw parts of cobb County is south of I-20.

As far as GaWx goes, he did a good job overall. But his prediction of at least one major snow in atl certainly didn't come true. I'm sure he would admit that back in November he would have expected Atlanta to finish with more than a trace of snow and ice. All of that cold in Feb was a complete waste for the city of Atlanta.

Archived