joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
'10-'11 Total to date

weatherMA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill add mine even though im not sne. 39.50 for the year so far, snowdepth ranges from 10-16 inches. Low areas are from spots that blew away during the boxing day blizzard

So N.Central NJ was very close to the Maine foothills in both snowfall and depth when you posted that. Now we've undoubtedly fallen behind, given your 8-10" (my guess, though Boonton cocorahs reported 10") and my clouds only from this latest event.

MBY continues its very consistent run of Jan snowfall; 8 of 13 have recorded between 22.6" and 27.5", and I see little chance of getting the 4.5" I'd need to climb above the higher figure. I've recorded 11 months with 30" or more here, none in January. (D:3; F:4; M:3; A:1)

Record for one season?

132.9" in 1995-1996...still have to more than double current total. Highly unlikely we reach it, but 100" is definitely possible

BDL may come pretty damn close...it's not totally unreachable. If we can squeak out 3'' with the clipper then get something decent next week it's certainly possible.

83.1" in Southbury on the season.Snowman.gif Already the snowiest since 1995-96 even if not another flake fell! Unreal. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Guilford now up to 71.3" on the season, just shy of my total in the 2004-05 season.snowing3.gif

What's even more impressive is how much has fallen just in January. 66.7" in Southbury and 56.0" in Guilford! Never seen anything like it (too young to remember much of 1995-96).snowwindow.gif

83.1" in Southbury on the season.Snowman.gif Already the snowiest since 1995-96 even if not another flake fell! Unreal. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Guilford now up to 71.3" on the season, just shy of my total in the 2004-05 season.snowing3.gif

What's even more impressive is how much has fallen just in January. 66.7" in Southbury and 56.0" in Guilford! Never seen anything like it (too young to remember much of 1995-96).snowwindow.gif

You sure about that? Seems a bit extreme...:unsure:

I’ve been meaning to add a post to the ’10-’11 totals thread, since season accumulation hit the 100” benchmark the other day, but I just had to find the time to crunch a few snowfall numbers. Season snowfall is 101.0 inches as of 6:00 A.M. 27JAN2011; I’ve added some related bullet points below based on my aggregate snowfall data:

-Snowfall has slowed down recently, with just 3.3 inches in the past 7 days, however, the season total is still running about 11 days ahead of average.

-Average snowfall to this point in the season is 87.5 inches, so the current season’s snowfall is ahead by 13.5 inches.

-This season is currently running behind the ’07-’08 La Niña season by 10.2 inches, and behind the ’08-’09 La Niña season by 14.6 inches.

-If snowfall were to run at average for the rest of the season from this point on, snowfall would end up just shy of 180 inches.

Individual storm totals are located in the signature below.

83.1'' seems way to high...sure you didn't mean to type 63.1''? I'm friends with someone who lives in Southbury and he said he's only measured about 65''.

1.5" November storm

~5" Boxing Day (not my measurement)

~4" (norlun)

~4" (the thing after the norlun)

14.5" (1/11)

~1"? yesterday 1/19 (turned to slush before I woke up)

2.25" 1/21

3" 1/25

14" 1/26-27

so around 49.25" which is already above the average for my area of ~25-27"

updated. using a certified straight ruler.

Archived