Newest Member
    joxey
'10-'11 Total to date

weatherMA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name=((((d-_-B))))' timestamp='1295649027' post='332464]

So you're telling me there was no way I saw 24" from that storm? Guess I need to learn how to measure again. My apologies.

I don't know what you saw in that storm. It prob was close to 20" at least anyways. I'm just saying your seasonal total so far sticks out, that's all. If there are others around that have as much..by all means point them out.

0.5" 11/8/10 (sleet from retrograding low)

9" 12/7/10 (upslope/lake effect)

1.5" 12/10/10 (clipper)

2.5" 12/1?/10 (post cold front snows after rainstorm)

16" 12/26-27/10 (Boxing Day storm)

3.5" 1/7-8/11 (Norlun)

20" 1/12/11

2.5" 1/18/11 (ice and snow)

2.5" 1/19/11 (wet snow)

4.5" 1/21/11

Total = 62.5"

I'm probably missing a number of coating to 1" upslope/lake effect type events that are common in this area that I didn't bother to measure, so my seasonal total is likely several inches higher than the 62.5" I calculated. I'd put it somewhere between 65" and 70". Snowpack depth is 21". Seasonal average is between 75" and 80".

Is anyone else finding it quite cumbersome to get measurments due to how high the bankings are.....I mean, if this event next week pans out, I'm going to need a trampoline or ladder; I'm not used to this.

Highest reading in heavily shaded area- 24.5"

Lowest reading in very exposted area- 17"

I'm going with a 21" depth.

The 8.5" from today has compacted to 7" of fluff on the surface, but the bottom 14" is bullet proof crust.

I have about 46" now

I asked this question in the Pattern thread, but no response so here it is:

Is BDL's month-to-date total (43.0") accurate? If so, that puts them exactly 0.1" away from the snowiest January on record (Jan 1996 -- 43.1"), and 2.3" away from the snowiest month on record (Dec 1945 -- 45.3")

Absolutely John, one needs a weather station to measure snow, how is the one you use? Oh thats rights you use somebody elses!! As for measuring snow, I always wondered how you did it, since you actually have to get outside every 6 hours, something you dont do. I wondered how long it would take for you to personally attack me here, I am shocked it did not happen at 3 am when your drunk. The sad thing is, whether your sober or not, your still a bad person. Have a great day, I look forward to more of your personal attacks.

So when you post a weather observation, you get it from where? BDR? Spend $40 and get a thermo, for God's sake and stop making stuff up. How is calling into question your observations a "personal attack"? The only personal attack here is your post. And how dare you call me a bad person, how dare you. I drove you and your **** stained truck home from the last GTG and made damn sure I did it safely and delivered you home to your family safely, which was way against my better judgment under the circumstances.

I have about 46" now

I asked this question in the Pattern thread, but no response so here it is:

Is BDL's month-to-date total (43.0") accurate? If so, that puts them exactly 0.1" away from the snowiest January on record (Jan 1996 -- 43.1"), and 2.3" away from the snowiest month on record (Dec 1945 -- 45.3")

There's heavy heavy controversy regarding BDL's measuring of a few events. Most agree that something fishy was going on. At any rate, Wiz was all over the fact that as it stands they are a couple of flakes away from setting a New. World. Record.

There's heavy heavy controversy regarding BDL's measuring of a few events. Most agree that something fishy was going on. At any rate, Wiz was all over the fact that as it stands they are a couple of flakes away from setting a New. World. Record.

:lol: thanks, must have missed it. I knew there was some contraversy over BDLs totals, so when I saw their numbers after today, I was curious.

Is anyone else finding it quite cumbersome to get measurments due to how high the bankings are.....I mean, if this event next week pans out, I'm going to need a trampoline or ladder; I'm not used to this.

Highest reading in heavily shaded area- 24.5"

Lowest reading in very exposted area- 17"

I'm going with a 21" depth.

The 8.5" from today has compacted to 7" of fluff on the surface, but the bottom 14" is bullet proof crust.

LOL..did you see my snowbank pics? You'd have to call the fire dept to use their ladder truck to get over them. Make sure you wear your leggins

LOL..did you see my snowbank pics? You'd have to call the fire dept to use their ladder truck to get over them. Make sure you wear your leggins

we should keep an updated yearly map of SNE cumulative snowfall. so far this year it appears unusually uniform around the 50 mark.....with you a touch above and interior ct SW OF hartford even a notch above that...(waterbury,ct )....and the usual suspects on the E slope .....65-75. w amounts dropping off quickly Se of KTAN as well as along select screw zones in S. coastal ct and ditto RI.

we should keep an updated yearly map of SNE cumulative snowfall. so far this year it appears unusually uniform around the 50 mark.....with you a touch above and interior ct SW OF hartford even a notch above that...(waterbury,ct )....and the usual suspects on the E slope .....65-75. w amounts dropping off quickly Se of KTAN as well as along select screw zones in S. coastal ct and ditto RI.

The 8th wonder of the world..my snowbanks

post-492-0-50784900-1295703673.jpg

Archived