joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
'10-'11 Total to date

weatherMA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was your monthly record? This month has to be close???

I'm at 51.5", not unreal, but not bad...

I believe monthly record at the airport is 50.9"....they would already have it if they hadn't low balled the SWFE front ender...they came in with 3.6" in that one while every town around had 6-7.5"

Airport is currently at 48.4" on the month. Doesn't look like they will make the monthly record unless the clipper over performs by a lot...not looking like much from it

I believe monthly record at the airport is 50.9"....they would already have it if they hadn't low balled the SWFE front ender...they came in with 3.6" in that one while every town around had 6-7.5"

Airport is currently at 48.4" on the month. Doesn't look like they will make the monthly record unless the clipper over performs by a lot...not looking like much from it

Well lets face it, they pretty much have it in our eyes. We all know they messed up that one.

do you think PVD is running low this month too? 30.7" so far.

Possible.

I am at 36.6" for the month.

I forgot you added about 4" to the snowpack before you got 10" yesterday. You guys on into RI and srn CT have a great snowpack. Those last two small snow events were south of the pike deals..more like south of the ma/ct/ri border...into your area.

After the 11" I got yesterday I'm at 73", with about 2' or so on the ground and on my roof! And some ridiculous mounds around the city. Waterbury is an absolute disaster to drive through. People here have no snow etiquette. I actually got peppered by someone snowblowing yesterday while I was driving by. They throw their snow back into the streets, instead of their yards.

Who would have thought GON would be under those dark blues.

Its been epic for SE CT...they are usually in a horrible screw zone every winter. But they have cashed in on just about every single event...the exception might be Boxing day.

They've had a lot of 4-6" storms that were only supposed to be an inch or two. To have a similar deep snow pack to the rest of SNE is pretty remarkable.

Its been epic for SE CT...they are usually in a horrible screw zone every winter. But they have cashed in on just about every single event...the exception might be Boxing day.

They've had a lot of 4-6" storms that were only supposed to be an inch or two. To have a similar deep snow pack to the rest of SNE is pretty remarkable.

Not a bad year for them last year too. Good for them though, they've been screwed for a while.

I know it's early, but Steve better start sandbagging for the Spring, the way things have been going.

Not a bad year for them last year too. Good for them though, they've been screwed for a while.

I know it's early, but Steve better start sandbagging for the Spring, the way things have been going.

Hopefully its a gradual melt off.

I would never root for it as a snow weenie, but a moderate rainstorm wouldn't be a bad thing

83.1'' seems way to high...sure you didn't mean to type 63.1''? I'm friends with someone who lives in Southbury and he said he's only measured about 65''.

I got destroyed during the 1/7 (15.5") event and the 1/12 event (28"), but I may be a bit high since I'm not always home to measure.

Yeah this is incredible here.. we are probably a higher % of climo than anybody else in SNE (nearing 200%). South central and SW are also very high relative to climo and have had more snow in absolute terms. I'm guessing most of the area within 20 miles of the coast is nearing 200% of climo, definitely here in the SE we are.

Yeah this is incredible here.. we are probably a higher % of climo than anybody else in SNE (nearing 200%). South central and SW are also very high relative to climo and have had more snow in absolute terms. I'm guessing most of the area within 20 miles of the coast is nearing 200% of climo, definitely here in the SE we are.

Yeah my folks are pretty close to 200% of climo too in Guilford. Average is like 34" or so there and they're closing in on 65"

Archived