Newest Member
    joxey
'10-'11 Total to date

weatherMA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 8th wonder of the world..my snowbanks

Very nice, here is my pile from the big storm. It took my brother and I over 12 hours across two days to get all the snow in the driveway into this pile because the driveway is long and I had to shovel it over and over to get it to one end. I wanted it all in one big pile so that it will last as long as possible and I added on a bit more after my 2" dusting this week. It's a lot wider than it is tall because of the hillside it's on.

post-480-0-65062300-1295726831.jpg

post-480-0-10187900-1295726839.jpg

That looks like a garage-faced diety peeping at us from across the parted waters of the Red Sea.

You have Masada (the name of my snowpile) convincingly beat.......

It's like an attraction..people driving from miles away to come witness the majesty

BTW - 42"" here total snowfall, we missed out on the Norlun affair that put Blizz ahead.

We had 8 inches total...4 inches both norluns.

Where are you located again?

It's like an attraction..people driving from miles away to come witness the majesty

We had 8 inches total...4 inches both norluns.

Where are you located again?

Sudbury MA, about midpoint between 495, 128 Rte 2 and Rte 90 in MA.

My parents live in Southbury CT, and told me about the Norluns - we didn't get a flake out of either.

Southbury got 15 or 16 out of the first norlun and like an inch out of the 2nd one

They said 8-10", presumably about the 1st one. They are 86 and 83, and are at the very top of a hill, so I doubt that they could or would have verified that number using appoved measuring techniques.

The Thursday night/Friday event put us up to 50" for the season so far. We had a slow start but have been making up some ground lately. I can't imagine that we won't exceed last year's somewhat paltry 76"....and yet likely won't approach the 07-08 total of 150". I figure that the average here (at 1200') is in the 100" ballpark. Given the date, all of February, March and even April (springtime elevation events) to go, we should be able to get up near the triple digits. Time'll tell.

The 8th wonder of the world..my snowbanks

Very impressive.....!

You might have to knock those puppies down some with another something brewing.

The Thursday night/Friday event put us up to 50" for the season so far. We had a slow start but have been making up some ground lately. I can't imagine that we won't exceed last year's somewhat paltry 76"....and yet likely won't approach the 07-08 total of 150". I figure that the average here (at 1200') is in the 100" ballpark. Given the date, all of February, March and even April (springtime elevation events) to go, we should be able to get up near the triple digits. Time'll tell.

Very impressive.....!

You might have to knock those puppies down some with another something brewing.

No way..The idea is to keep adding to them and building to depths approaching or exceeding 20 feet. They're about 7-9 feet now depending on what part of the driveway

No way..The idea is to keep adding to them and building to depths approaching or exceeding 20 feet. They're about 7-9 feet now depending on what part of the driveway

That owuld be a major engineering feat, even with enough snow...

You will need to build ramps and steps... get the kids to help you! Free labor

Archived