• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

If I seriously were to get over 12'' with this storm I'd be screwed in the sense that I have zero place to put the snow, the two main sidewalks have bushes on the side of them then the street on the other. Same thing with my driveway, bushes on both sides. I seriously hope the landlord brings over the snowblower again or otherwise I may end up in the hospital, the blizzard event really did a number on my back, after not experiencing much back pain for the past two months shoveling that must have screwed it up again...or even more.

22 years old. You need regular excersize I think.

Shoveling is nice work, if you can get it...

22. Sheesh.

Vim Toot

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in other words he tried to stop. couldn`t, and went headfirst flailing into the boards in a massive piece of fail :lol:

:P

:lol:

I was having a race with my brother from one end of the ice to the other but when I got to the side we were finishing on I was more towards the area where the boards start to curve, and I was going full speed and didn't realize that until the last second so when I stopped I hit the boards and twisted my back and felt a sharp pain...been bothering me ever since...in fact it's been 2 years now since this happened.

Anyways not to sway this OT

I really can't wait to see what the GFS does QPF wise, if the GFS even has the slightest increase in QPF that will certainly be a excellent sign that the NAM may be onto something.

Gee, thanks. That radar image has been haunting me for weeks. :gun_bandana:

Somebody most likely dry slots with this one also luckily we had our turn 2 weeks ago.

Glad you responded to that. I started to, but decided against it. That hole formed right over my head.

We will not see a repeat of that tonight. If we do, the coolidge bridge is a short walk at least.

Liking very much how this is trending. Looks like, to my old eyes, that I'm in the 1" QPF? I know not to rely on QPF charts too much, but cool!

That might not be that far off in the end. SREF runs have pumped out between 0.7 and just shy of 1" for the past day and a half with most of the members in line, NAM just about the same, GEM and RGEM definitely trending back west, etc etc. I think even if we don't get the 1" of QPF (okay maybe that is a bit high), looks like we'll be getting some awesome snow-growth Wednesday afternoon. The map below is from last night's NAM run, but we've got 12-20 microbar/s vvs moving through the dendritic layer at 18Z and swinging through the Midcoast. I wasn't that excited about this thing two days ago, but things are definitely looking good for a respectable 8-12 inches IMHO.

post-4714-0-86078500-1294757391.gif

the other part is i`d like to be following the board at the height and seeing all the reports from CT (i used to live there), but not at those hours lol

somewhat disappointing as a former resident.

im sure you guys will be pulling an all-nighter though,:thumbsup:

I think I'm going to try and sleep for a few hours probably from like 4 PM to 10 PM or so. I ended up only sleeping from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM this morning. Going to be a very long night and an even longer day tomorrow.

I would ride the Euro, That was a good compromise..

Yep ride the euro. Not much time this morning haven't really looked at anything will check back in after lunch. Amazing dynamic processes on the NAM.

It's initially a little less robust, not tearing a hole in the atmosphere off NJ like it did earlier which makes it more believable in terms of outcome. But time to watch the rest.

Yes it is, And if we get more fine, I am ok with that..... :snowman:

Very cold this morning here. Horrible migraine to add. Feeling horrible. Must be a big one coming.

I think we do better then 6-12", or someone around us outperforms that. Our ratios should be pretty outstanding and we are in the prime band zone. However, we have already discussed that plenty. Big nowcast event for us.

P.S. My first official visit being taken this weekend. Orono, UMaine Black Bear Football.

Archived