12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do we believe what the NAM is dishing? It still seams like it's on the western periphery of guidance. The SREF's ticked E. I'd still favor a Euro/SREF blend.

Well looking at satellite, the RSM seems too far east, and the old eta seems ok. It will be interesting too see what the other high res models do. NAM may still be a little too far east, but I don't see why the track has to be well east of ACK. The low develops and moves due north in a classic fashion...right along the baroclinic zone. It then starts to kick east a little due to the mid level forcing, and also the baroclinic zone will me more sw-ne near New England. The key is where it starts to move more east. Sometimes these lows love to move due north a little longer than we think, which doesn't make the NAM unreasonable, but it is the western outlier.

If I seriously were to get over 12'' with this storm I'd be screwed in the sense that I have zero place to put the snow, the two main sidewalks have bushes on the side of them then the street on the other. Same thing with my driveway, bushes on both sides. I seriously hope the landlord brings over the snowblower again or otherwise I may end up in the hospital, the blizzard event really did a number on my back, after not experiencing much back pain for the past two months shoveling that must have screwed it up again...or even more.

if you didnt get 12 inches from this one ....then i think youd have to feel somewaht ripped off, looking at these model runs.

as for your back, you are crazy for shoveling with a bad back. you'll regret bigtime it in the future.

its really too bad the storm will bypass CT overnight. id love to see a live cam going at the height of the storm. stupid nightime

i may have to wake up early and catch some boston area newscasts, they`ll be getting hammererd in the AM it appears

Weenie panic mode will set in with this choice of words (I know what you mean, but...)

22 yrs old --- cmon - even Jerry gets out there and shovels like a man. This is a great problem to have and a good bit of enjoyable exercise. I love shoving a massive >10" snow storm.

I have no issues with shoveling, in fact I do enjoy it. It's just I screwed up my back a few years ago doing a hockey stop into the boards...think I did something to a disk.

if you didnt get 12 inches from this one ....then i think youd have to feel somewaht ripped off, looking at these model runs.

as for your back, you are crazy for shoveling with a bad back. you'll regret bigtime it in the future.

I definitely agree, I'm fully expecting to get 12'' here...I'll live even if I only get 10''...but if I somehow ended up with less than that it will not be pretty.

I have no choice but to shovel :lol:

Although I think the landlord would bring the blower for me.

I have no issues with shoveling, in fact I do enjoy it. It's just I screwed up my back a few years ago doing a hockey stop into the boards...think I did something to a disk.

I definitely agree, I'm fully expecting to get 12'' here...I'll live even if I only get 10''...but if I somehow ended up with less than that it will not be pretty.

What is that?

So do we believe what the NAM is dishing? It still seams like it's on the western periphery of guidance. The SREF's ticked E. I'd still favor a Euro/SREF blend.

2005's December boomer is the only reason not to dilute it with everything else to the east.

Generally, though, I think it's on a touch of steroids; a EURO/SREF blend sounds... delicious. Cannot fully discount the NAM though.

its really too bad the storm will bypass CT overnight. id love to see a live cam going at the height of the storm. stupid nightime

i may have to wake up early and catch some boston area newscasts, they`ll be getting hammererd in the AM it appears

I wish WBZ-4 would wheel out ol' Shelby Scott and put her near a conga line of plows like in the old days...

I think enough of it will be hammering us in the morning.

Sounds like a MaineManJayhawk special

Good luck with this, work-wise

I'm off today. Duties are to take down Christmas decorations and weenie out a bit. I go in tomorrow, but not in charge of east coast wx this time around. I might have to spend the night up there, which I don't want to do.

:facepalm:

thats just too easy i`m not even gonna bother

See, I told you!

Ryan was just trying to bring you down :axe:

:lol:

I was contemplating on adjusting my numbers a bit but I seriously think I might not need to make any changes...I may try to fine tune it more though and try to be a bit more detailed and outline of more where I think the heaviest banding and where the highest totals could result.

Archived