• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

yeah steve...the good thing for you folks is the difference is meaningless really.

for my area...there is a monster bust potential in both directions.

the NMM is basically a snowbomb across 90% of the cape. some of the local WRF runs are as well.

Yep nowcast sit there, crazy mesoscale CFs and the like. This I am certain you know the climo down there better than anyone,

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if any are the chances for thunder snow whith this storm in SNE?

If the NAM is correct, I think they look pretty good (pretty good chances for thundersnow, it should be noted, is any chance at all)...

The NAM, which many here seem to favor, was ahead of the pack on a thundersnow event in 2005, if I recall correctly.

Personally I'd rather something just a slight whisper east of the NAM so I don't dry slot for too long, but so long as I don't have to come into the office tomorrow, I'll be pretty happy.

If the NAM is correct, I think they look pretty good (pretty good chances for thundersnow, it should be noted, is any chance at all)...

The NAM, which many here seem to favor, was ahead of the pack on a thundersnow event in 2005, if I recall correctly.

Personally I'd rather something just a slight whisper east of the NAM so I don't dry slot for too long, but so long as I don't have to come into the office tomorrow, I'll be pretty happy.

Thats what I fear so often forecasted amounts are affected byy dryslots that move over the area.

Why though?

well:

A) it's not a bad model. it might not be great for this type of set-up but overall as a tool in the chest, it's usable. if it were the ggem out there, i'd probably entirely ignore it.

B: it's not alone. there are a bunch of meso models that are not tucked as far NW and some globals are still out that way.

but again, i wouldn't (am not) ride the GFS alone. I'm just saying i factor it it to the equation when considering the track.

Archived